free website stats program Highway Cruising Speed | Harley Davidson Forums

Highway Cruising Speed

Drew

What is your comfortable highway cruising speed?

I've never been a speed/adrenaline junkie (well, I ride an MC, so I guess to some extent I AM an adrenaline junkie... plus, I have bungy jumped out of a helicopter). But in any case, with my new bike I'm finding 70-75mph is nice and comfortable. Had the bike to 85mph, and found that was just outside of my comfort zone.

regards
Drew

Everyone has their own comfort zone,some higher ,some lower ,just ride within yours and you will enjoy the ride a little more!:D

I just try to stay about 5 to 10 above the speed limit or whatever speed keeps me from obviously being faster than everyone else and thus attracting the attention of the law. A lot depends on road conditions, the "personality" of surrounding traffic, atmospheric/lighting conditions, etc. For me, I guess there's no simple answer to your question.

My bike and I seem to feel the most comfortable at 70. Hit 90 once; don't really feel the need to do that again.

My bike and I seem to feel the most comfortable at 70. Hit 90 once; don't really feel the need to do that again.

I agree. 70 feels good. Sometimes a little faster to keep up with traffic.
I did 100 before but bike felt like it was working to hard and not a comfortable speed. Too dangerous for me.

I try to keep up with the flow of traffic. Around here, that tends to be about 70 if the posted speed is 60. Outside of town, I tend to cruise around 70-75.

70-75 is my normal range been faster 80-85 isnt to bad either but i dont want a ticket

i am comfortable at just about any speed on an open road.....but i ENJOY the ride at around 50mph thats when i'm grinning like a possum!

Comfortable speed is a lot more than speed. It all depends on the road, weather, and my mood:D:bigsmiley18::bigsmiley15: I haven't pushed it to see how fast she would go since I put on stage one with the Thundermax tuner but stock 110 mph was all I could get out of the bike riding 2-up. I would never suggest that unless you have a very close "riding" relationship with the person on the back.
As for GP riding the speed limit or 5-10 mph below is usually pretty comfortable if we're just out and about.

Back