free website stats program Highway crash bars for my Sportster 883 xl | Harley Davidson Forums

Highway crash bars for my Sportster 883 xl

denisedyann

I want to add highway bars to my 2006 Sportster 883 XL, however, when I've found them for sale on ebay, the description says it will fit all submodels (such as the Custom XLC) but not the 883 XL. I added forward controls to my bike, so I don't want to purchase something that won't fit. What do you recommend?

I want to add highway bars to my 2006 Sportster 883 XL, however, when I've found them for sale on ebay, the description says it will fit all submodels (such as the Custom XLC) but not the 883 XL. I added forward controls to my bike, so I don't want to purchase something that won't fit. What do you recommend?

Your 883 is not much different, shocks, seat gas tank size, other than that pretty much every thing else is the same, are you talking about an engine guard/ crash bar or hiway pegs?

The XL 1200 C comes with stock forward controls. I'm not sure if you can conclude if the specs indicate it will fit for the C models, it will fit yours.

I'd review the placement and mounting points of your controls and then compare to the mounting points of the highway bar. Also see if the highway bar curves forward or is straight.

Not sure if that helps or not?

My wife's bike (2011 XL883L) has highway bar. Got them from HD and I am sure you could find them from J&P Cycles or others...

Thanks for your responses. I'm a new rider and want to be as safe as possible, so I thought the highway bars would help in case of falling over (heaven forbid). I'm just confused as to why the description would say they fit xl models, then when narrowing down to the specific year & model, it isn't compatible.

Thanks for your responses. I'm a new rider and want to be as safe as possible, so I thought the highway bars would help in case of falling over (heaven forbid). I'm just confused as to why the description would say they fit xl models, then when narrowing down to the specific year & model, it isn't compatible.

The aftermarket is huge and the Sportster line has so many different models over the years, it's not always easy. Even when the product description says it will fit your model, depending on the set up, it may not.

This is where a dealer can be helpful. They should know what fits from assessing your machine and what you want and need. And if it doesn't, they should stand behind their product and work with you to find something else if the original doesn't function as described.

I know it can be confusing and accessories are not cheap.

A highway bar can be helpful to prevent some damage from a tip over. The real benefit is having another place to mount foot rests.

Good luck.

I

The aftermarket is huge and the Sportster line has so many different models over the years, it's not always easy. Even when the product description says it will fit your model, depending on the set up, it may not.

This is where a dealer can be helpful. They should know what fits from assessing your machine and what you want and need. And if it doesn't, they should stand behind their product and work with you to find something else if the original doesn't function as described.

I know it can be confusing and accessories are not cheap.

A highway bar can be helpful to prevent some damage from a tip over. The real benefit is having another place to mount foot rests.

Good luck.

I

Just in my experience, a large chunk of the sportsters and some of the dynas share many common parts. My old 97 just about everything 97-2003 was the same, my new 2011 sporty iron everything I've ever had to buy has been the same from the ultralow to the nightster to the iron and is the same part in some cases as the dyna. I BELIEVE in highway bars, mine has saved my bike from serious damage a few times when it fell in the parking lot or the driveway. A friend was driving my 97 and a cage came over on him, the bar saved his leg. The other night two cages tried to sandwich me and the highway bar saved my cookies again. I would not have a bike without a highway bar whether it comes stock or I put one on myself!:small3d026:

Yikes! Glad I don't live where you live! Although, it can happen anywhere though, I suppose. I've been thinking of getting a highway bar for mine. I've been putting it off for the past few years now, but since I got my UC, I can see where it comes into play.

Does anyone recommend any particular ones for a '03 m/y Sportster?

Yikes! Glad I don't live where you live! Although, it can happen anywhere though, I suppose. I've been thinking of getting a highway bar for mine. I've been putting it off for the past few years now, but since I got my UC, I can see where it comes into play.

Does anyone recommend any particular ones for a '03 m/y Sportster?

Lindby Custom Inc. | Linbar | Twinbar | Multibar | Engine Guard | Highway Peg | Highway Bar | Crash Bar | Crash Bars | Crash Guards | Crash Guard | Flip Down Peg | Harley Davidson | Indian | Suzuki | Victory | Yamaha | Honda | Kawasaki Check here for fitment:s

Back