free website stats program High speed cornering mods | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

High speed cornering mods

The only good cornering bike is one that the foot pegs are at or above centerline of wheels.

My Streetbob handles pretty good in the corners, Tho I look thru them and keep the power on

I am actually pretty impressed with the handling of my Fat BOB. At least as far as cruisers go.

ABSOLUTLEY A GREAT POINT! As far as "cruisers" go!

How on God's green earth do you argue with someone who wants to point out that their apple is way better than your orange? I just want to tell these "I'd don't get the whole Harley thing" guys that I did not buy one, two actually, so I could impress someone who rides a grand prix racing bike! Or an over-sized Vespa, or doesn't even own a bike. I bought my Harleys because I have always wanted a Harley and now I have one. I don't go get in someone's face at a resteraunt and tell them that they are losers because they went with the french dip instead of the bacon burger. DUDE! Live your life, I'll live mine. And Re----Lax! This is for fun, aint' it?

But, back to the point DynaBob09 made. For something that isn't designed to corner, it sure does a fine job!!!!!

(sorry for the splitt up Mods) One last point I just can't pass up.

When was that last time any of you Harley owners ever walked over to a crotch rocket owner and said... "I just don't get it. Why do you have that?"

Annalogy time: My ol lady is pretty fine. You won't ever find me walking over to the guys with the not so fine ladies asking why... Just let it be!

Last edited by a moderator:
ABSOLUTLEY A GREAT POINT! As far as "cruisers" go!

How on God's green earth do you argue with someone who wants to point out that their apple is way better than your orange? I just want to tell these "I'd don't get the whole Harley thing" guys that I did not buy one, two actually, so I could impress someone who rides a grand prix racing bike! Or an over-sized Vespa, or doesn't even own a bike. I bought my Harleys because I have always wanted a Harley and now I have one. I don't go get in someone's face at a resteraunt and tell them that they are losers because they went with the french dip instead of the bacon burger. DUDE! Live your life, I'll live mine. And Re----Lax! This is for fun, aint' it?

But, back to the point DynaBob09 made. For something that isn't designed to corner, it sure does a fine job!!!!!

i am living my dream that started when i picked up my frist Easyrider mag in the 70's

With fowards installed it only compounds the cornering problem but I manage with slightly higher Works streettracker shocks 12 3/4".
I have extended pegs and don't drag them.
I also installed Works triple rate front spings with the Rocor intiminators.
No brace no problem.
Bike handles anything I can.

Old thread, but for the record, MY bike is an 05' Heritage modded for riding like a crotch rocket and we do ride with some. 2" over forks, 7/8" slugs over the springs, slightly thicker oil. Darkside rear tire was good for another 1/2" of clearance, and has lean angles like a Sporty. Add a torque cam (Andrews 21's) and all carb mods, and it's the perfect bike for me.
We ride 'em like we stole 'em. I want fork emulators but can't afford right now.

Update on that: I'm NOT going with the RaceTech Emulators now that I've studied up on the Ricor Intiminators. Saving my beans now for them.

Another thing about Harley cornering and body position: the fat seat is hard to slide off of, and mine is also dished deep and gelled, so I've had to come up with another method. I stay ust fairly inside, with only a little body tilt, until I'm scraping the sliders welded beneath the boards. If a curve tightens up on me, I still have more I can put in, by shifting my shoulders further in, twisting at the waist, and pulling more to the inside.
It's sort of a safety buffer for a cruiser modded for performance. Believe me, no one wants to run with us except crotch rockets when we get in play mode. Especially not the safety nannies that pop up every time you talk about having performance plus the king of bikes simultaneously.
My pard just bought a Vic and we're already darksiding and doing suspension mods for clearance, even though it does have a great ride. He almost scraped thru the boards and pipes our first run, trying to keep up with me.
Don't forget, mine WAS a Heritage.

If you want to corner like a boss do not get a wide glide...go with a super glide sport (see how harley names their bikes isn't arbitrary.)
The fxdx has a smaller and wider front tire compared to the wide glide. As well as mid controls. It's like a true Cafe racer

Back