free website stats program high idle | Harley Davidson Forums

high idle

pgdemonrider

2006 dyna low rider has a high idle during start up and stays at high idle about 4000 rpm will not idle down, replace idle air control valve still no change.... bare with me im new at this we site...

Does it eventually idle down by itself? Have you done anything like change grips, lubed cables recently?

thanks for responding back breeze...no it does'nt idle down by its self...since i got the bike 2006 i never lube my cables and never change grips,, never thought of lubeing the cables,, i'm going to visual inspect the cable and if it looks normal then i'm going to lube them and see what happens hopefully it will take the problem...i;ll getback at you whats the out come...thanks for the tip...breeze,,,

2006 had a recall on the idle screw falling out, check with HD dealer for new screw with loc tite patch should idle @ 1k

If the idle screw came out then you would loose idle. Screwing it in increases the idle. I would also check for intake leaks. I assume it is carbureted and not fuel injected. After looking at parts list ,oem, it only showed the fuel inj. module, no carb.. so no idle adjustment in '06
tourbox

If the idle screw came out then you would loose idle. Screwing it in increases the idle. I would also check for intake leaks. I assume it is carbonated and not fuel infected. After looking at parts list ,oem, it only showed the fuel inj. module, no carb.. so no idle adjustment in '06
tourbox
Late 06 models did have this problem, tho I re think and I would clean The IAC first, you are right if the screw falls out and they did, they did not have enough loc tite on the screws, my o7 Streetbob did this same thing

If it is a FI model, make sure you do not "goose" the throttle just as you kill the engine. Let it settle at idle before killing the engine.

Cheers,

TQ

Last edited:
If it is a FI model, make sure you do not "goose" the throttle just as you kill the engine. Let it settle at idle before killing the engine.

Cheers,

TQ
Special if you have throttle by wire it has learned memory, it will go back to that idle next time u start it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back