free website stats program High idle | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

High idle

Heh, definately gonna find some dri slide, maybe the dealer here stocks it or my bud can order a can for me, we have been through enough rain and mud last year and the start of this year. Time to clean her up and try to keep it like that, only kicker is Tues,Wed and Thurs are calling for rain and I still don't have a car on the road for me, but my mom,sister and g/f are good to go now, thanks for the tips fellas this site is great, Raining here now again, I'm begining to think I should have built an Arc instead of buying another bike LOL.

the 4oz bottle would be better than the aresol can for doing throttle cables, would you think?? I can wiggle the MAP sensor a little, is that OK or should it be snug/tight??

The 4 oz bottle works great with that pin type applicator. It reaches right down inside the switch housing to lube the cables too.

The map sensor shouldn't be loose. If I recall there's an "O" ring on it so you may get a little movement out of it. Try the WD40 spray test with the engine running and see if you get a change in idle speed indicating leakage

Yep a rubber seal it's called in the SM,I'll check that out with the spray, sprayed around the manifold seals before but not around the MAP sensor.I'm going to order a new set of cables 2"over and a bottle of Bike Aid to eliminate the cables as the problem. I'd like to get the idle down to 1000RPM's and steady but I'd settle for 1050 and a steady idle. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have the cables and some time to give the bike a good going over.

Back