free website stats program High idle problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

High idle problem

Hi,
I have the same problem idle is too high when im in traffic until 1800RPM but didnt return back to normal, What will i do i close the engine and start again after 10secs.

I change already the IAC and clean the air filter,I remove the cruise control as well
Im using FLHXI 2006
Power Commander
Cam upgraded

Can you help me please as i dont have option now. Thank you

A vacuum leak can cause a high idle. If air is entering the throttle body through a orifice between the butterfly and the valve, it will cause a lean and high idle condition.To diagnose, spray carb cleaner around the throttle body while it is running and if you get a drop in idle you have a air leak, this should help you locate where it is. You want to be careful, it is very flamable and corrsive to aluminum. Some other guys here may have a better idea.

I have the same problem idle is too high when im in traffic

Does it happen most/all the time or is it something that just happens every so often. Does the idle settle down once the bike comes to a complete stop.

I don't have a manual in front of me at moment but is a 2006 FLHXI cable pull throttle or drive by wire.

A vacuum leak can cause a high idle. If air is entering the throttle body through a orifice between the butterfly and the valve, it will cause a lean and high idle condition.To diagnose, spray carb cleaner around the throttle body while it is running and if you get a drop in idle you have a air leak, this should help you locate where it is. You want to be careful, it is very flamable and corrsive to aluminum. Some other guys here may have a better idea.
I will try all of this option...thank you bro

Does it happen most/all the time or is it something that just happens every so often. Does the idle settle down once the bike comes to a complete stop.

I don't have a manual in front of me at moment but is a 2006 FLHXI cable pull throttle or drive by wire.
@Hoople, Nope the idle didnt go done once getting high thats why my option is to turn off the engine and start again.

s too high when im in traffic until 1800RPM
What will i do i close the engine and start again after 10secs.

I change already the IAC and clean the air filter,
Power Commander

Are you saying you can re-boot the electronics and the problem will go away until next time. If so, a re-boot forces a re-park of the IAC stepper motor.

You say you replaced the IAC. I assume with a brand new OEM. If so, as a test I would disconnect the power commander and see if the problem goes away.
If IAC is new OEM, my money is on a problem with the power commander.
The power commander can block DTC's from posting.

Are you saying you can re-boot the electronics and the problem will go away until next time. If so, a re-boot forces a re-park of the IAC stepper motor.

You say you replaced the IAC. I assume with a brand new OEM. If so, as a test I would disconnect the power commander and see if the problem goes away.
If IAC is new OEM, my money is on a problem with the power commander.
The power commander can block DTC's from posting.
not exactly rebooting but i turn off the engine once the idle is getting reach to 1800 and didnt return back to normal.
But i will try this option as well as my HD now is in the HD Garage and im passing this solution as well i really appreciate for the help i will update as soon as i check all of this..

Back