free website stats program High beam, low beam at the same time | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

High beam, low beam at the same time

If you need more light, I highly recommend this bulb and it's on the cheap side.

Harley Davidson Community

Glider I have read all the post on this bulb that are here, previous to this for the life of me I do not know why I havent gotten one yet.

Chances are the bulb may be out of the mount in the reflector from what you say.

OK I will pay particular attention for that when I pull the reflector, and if not ? any other Ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Head Lights / Ditch Lights adjusting

Through all of the headlight post's and threads, I have ordered and received the 80/100 osram bulb from (german auto parts). Yesterday I took the headlight assembly apart, (Glider the bulb a stock 55/60 Osram was seated correctly). to replace the bulb and clean the reflector the previous post's on cleaning the reflector didn't specify what alcohol or type to use, so I used what I had in hand and I think the Bud Light:sworked great, as I am swishing it around I thought it had etched the inside of the lense but as it turned out it was just a big O goober of something that had gotten loosened up, I drained the alcohol, and WOW:small3d031: what a difference in the clearness of the lense it was incredible. I stuffed a lint free towel in the reflector and pushed it around with a piece of dowell to help dry it out have let it set overnight for more dry time and put it all back together. Now tonight comes the hard part Aiming It. Glider you say a little higher than the instructions in the manual ? still using the high beam though ? Thanks for all the help Tim

The setting is a Suggested one in my book....

I find that I and Others see differently seeing and Look at Night-riding differently.. Set Your Lights to see How YOU want to see and Safety will be yours..

My new 09 FLHR bike is the FIRST bike off the show-room floor that needed NO adjustment to fit me..:newsmile011: Notice by the fellow to my left,,,,,, I USE Clear safety glasses always BUT Have also used LIGHT yellows at night.. NEVER understood the dark glasses at night and for Me , even during day....

signed....BUBBIE

Back