free website stats program Hidden antenna??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Hidden antenna???

89 FXRS

Was considering putting an antenna that goes inside the fairing - I've seen several brands out there like Dakota as well as one form Harley and in the past have heard of several other brands - Anyone have any feedback as to which one works best - please let me know - thanks fxrs

I have a non powered antenna from O'reilly's Auto parts in the faring of my '07. It seems to have a 50 mile range of a strong station. My friend has a pricey antenna from Kuryakyn on his and gets no better range. I still like my long whip on trips.

I have a non powered antenna from O'reilly's Auto parts in the faring of my '07. It seems to have a 50 mile range of a strong station. My friend has a pricey antenna from Kuryakyn on his and gets no better range. I still like my long whip on trips.

I have the same experience with the hidden. I installed a "Y" connector at the radio so when I don't have the tour box on I can use the whip.

I never had much luck with any of the hidden antennaes.I finally took a solid steel automotive one and bent it into a diamond shape and zip tied it under the fairing.It works as well as the whip on the tourpak did.

Back