free website stats program Hidden antenna | Harley Davidson Forums

Hidden antenna

hotrodjohn

I am putting the radio in my new woodys fairing. Not sure how to install the hidden antenna? Pictures are vague. Anyone use the MSA-1-3wb hidden antenna? I know to mount it inside the fairing but how which direction is the 21 inch tape run?

The one I have is different. It has a 21 inch "tape" that is attatched to a car radio plug. Kind of like the old dipole style:)

Would double stick tape work? I don't know the configuration of the inside of your Woody fairing, but taping it to the inside in a mirror image of the last photo in Gliders link should get reception. My hidden antenna looks like the one in the link, and has been double sitcky'd to the outer fairing for 2 + years. Reception is so-so.

Last edited:
After painting the after market fairing I install a stock car whip antenna using zip ties and hot glue to the inner fairing. The antenna went from one speaker to the next going over the top of the radio. Best reception I've ever had, and a lot cheaper.

After painting the after market fairing I install a stock car whip antenna using zip ties and hot glue to the inner fairing. The antenna went from one speaker to the next going over the top of the radio. Best reception I've ever had, and a lot cheaper.
Nice :D:D

Back