Hidden Antenna that works??

Discussion in 'Communications And Radio' started by BuddyK, Feb 27, 2011.

1. BuddyK

BuddyK Member

Has anyone had any success with any of the hidden fairing mounted AM/FM/WB antenna's? I'm wanting to remove mine from the tour pack on my Electra Glide and would rather not have it visible at all if possible.

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I have tried 3 different types of hidden antenna. All give pretty good reception if your not to far out in the country. I now have a marine type hidden and it works as well as as any I have tried. I picked it up off ebay for about $40. I also picked up a dual antenna plug so that when I have the box off the back of the bike I can use the whip antenna, which gives good reception out in the country.

3. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

4. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Joy you mods are great, thats the same one I have now in the bike. It was easy to install and is the best one of the three I have tried.

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I have the same set up, with the same results. Like Joy suggested, do a forum search for , some good info.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  6. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I bought a powered antenna at a local auto supply store. Plastic, "T" shaped. plugged right into the back of the radio, zip tied the ends where ever they ended up, and have been happy ever since. When I ride in remote areas I tend to listen to the Ipod or a CD anyway so I can't really comment on the range.

7. BuddyK

BuddyK Member

Thanks for all the info. It really helps!:D

8. tcspannerwrench

tcspannerwrench Member

Glad i found this site, thats the kind of info i was looking for