free website stats program HID question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HID question

I have an interesting HID update.

A friend at work has installed an HID system in his BMW. I went on line to check it out. No Harleys are listed on the web site. RATS!!!

I noticed that many of the bikes listed are off road bikes and BMW's and some sport bikes.

Anyway, I call and spoke with Zach Tibbs at "1 Off MotorSports".
Zack informed me that many of the HID systems sold at "1 Off MotorSports" are being installed in off road bikes. Zach also informed me of the durability of these units.
The HID systems that "1 Off MotorSports" sells have a lifetime warranty.
I know BMW owners are discerning people that demand quality for there $$$.
kind of sounds like Harley Davidson owners. I also know that off road conditions are very rough. The bikes and the parts of which they are constructed must be very durable.
All the above information has given me reason to consider an HID system form "1 Off MotorSports". The model that Zach talked about has a single lamp that retracts and extends for Bright and Dim functions. I was also informed that this particular model was out of stock at this time. That Figures!

So, once they restock, I plan to get one of these things and install it. I will take detailed photos and instructions on how I did the installation. Hopefully others that do this same procedure will be able add to it and improve on it.

I know that there are HID systems that cost less but a variable focus single lamp HID with a life time warranty, $129 seems a far deal.

Take pictures of your install and let us know how it goes.

Mongo, take a look at this review comparing two HID LED light setups for a Harley

Attachments

• Review - LED HID Headlights.pdf
    986.4 KB · Views: 22
Sorry, I was not able to continue with my post because it timed out on me. I opted for the upgrade of my standard 55/65W stocker to the higher wattage German Auto 85/100W which was about $13 and a bargain. That was in 2008 and still running great! BUT if I were going to HID lamp...be prepared for "sticker shock" with pricing in the $150 range on up. The other thing is there is a large amount of electronics and complexity associated with HID lighting, which have a large ballast and other items that need to be mounted/fitted. The industry IS moving towards LED lighting which is why I posted it up that comparison...much less fitting of components, much more power efficiency and plenty more light than the stock OEM incandescent ones at a fraction of the cost of full on HID type lighting. Just more "sauce" for the goose before you decide to slam your money down. :s

Back