HID Lights question.

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by diver4life, Sep 19, 2011.

1. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

Hi everybody. I would like to upgrade the headlight of my Dyna and install a brighter light. I was checking the LED headlight from HD but I can not spend that money now. I'm considering to install an HID light kit but I do not know which to buy. Any recommendation or advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

I will consider that. And if you are using it I guess that it works.

Thanks Glider.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

There's been a few that have had that bulb burn out prematurely but I have used them repeatedly in many bikes and not had a problem. The bulb is guaranteed for a year in any event.

DON'T touch the bulb with your fingers when installing it. The oil in your skin will cause an early death to the bulb.

5. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

thanks for the advice. I think I will give it a try to see how I like it.

6. nhk750

nhk750 Active Member

I was thinking about putting the 80/100 bulbs in my Fat Bob with the dual headlights, it would be like the sun coming from my bike then...But, it may burn peoples retinas...

7. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

The Osram bulb glider recommends is probably one of the better/cheapest upgrades I've made to the bike. I'm thinking the total cost (w/shipping) was less than $20 & well worth it...you might even scrap the HID project (not needed)...;)