free website stats program HID Kit Install for 7.5" Headlamp | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HID Kit Install for 7.5" Headlamp

LED lights are nice they take some burden off the charging system.
I tell people go with LEDs you cannot go wrong, especially with older bikes and small output charging systems.
Good move. If you can get a night photo of your trike with the lights on people can see just how much light LEDs cast.
Thank you.

There was a thread a few months back where a member did a great job of comparing a HD 7" LED to a Truck Light LED system vs a standard Halogen.
I can't find the thread but it had some great night pictures. In my opinion the HD LED (JW Speaker) won hands down.

Hi All: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Received this HID kit for my Trike this Christmas. Hasn't come in yet but want to get a head's-up on installation if anyone knows.
(my brother is going to be sooo ticked) :s
Thanks,
Mike

Ok, just finished installing the new LED headlight. Other than the white wire breaking off from the connector on the new lamp (bad connection) which had to be soldered everything went well. Two points should be noted. On an earlier thread someone said that the new adjustment ring did not fit well and required some modification of the opening because the adjustment springs were in the way and he hoped this would be corrected by the Moco. What I found is that you if mount that ring without the lamp it goes in easily. Then plug-in the lamp and install the lamp retaining ring. The second thing is make sure you prethread the holes for the lamp retaining ring screws which will make it a lot easier to install the ring. Also make sure you obtain a set of torx drivers if you expect to do the headlight adjustment procedure because torx sockets are not long enough. Hope this helps others because the output of this lamp is definitely worth upgrading.
Mike
WAP.gif

I have the 5" on my softtail conversion trike the only challenge is getting it to fit and getting the retaining ring to seat, for its thicker due to the heatsink on the back other than that its a great light, Have done the same size on a sporty trike as well

Pricey but think worth the cost on visibility benefits both day and night

HB

Back