free website stats program HID Kit Install for 7.5" Headlamp | Harley Davidson Forums

HID Kit Install for 7.5" Headlamp

SirDimsdale

Hi All: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Received this HID kit for my Trike this Christmas. Hasn't come in yet but want to get a head's-up on installation if anyone knows.
(my brother is going to be sooo ticked) :s
Thanks,
Mike

Perhaps this would be a good time to plan your install and ensure you take pictures and do a write up that you can share with the other forum members that are thinking of going this way with lighting

Brian

Perhaps this would be a good time to plan your install and ensure you take pictures and do a write up that you can share with the other forum members that are thinking of going this way with lighting

Brian
WAP.gif

Good idea. Will do
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just picked up my new headlight and discovered that it is the LED replacement. Questioned the rep since it was $525 w/o tax . Was told HID was not the way to go for the following reasons
HD is not supporting it because it's not in the catalogue, can get it 3rd party but $200+ more, very difficult to install and align, and goes out of alignment easily because of the rough roads.
LED is a direct plug-in, extremely bright, and very stable and reproducible. So I'm keeping it. After all it was a gift.
WAP.gif

Great headlight. I have one my Road King. The only problem is now your driving lights will seem yellow and underpowered. I ended up replacing them with Harley's led driving lights. Amazing light output. See and be seen!! Highly recommended.

Great headlight. I have one my Road King. The only problem is now your driving lights will seem yellow and underpowered. I ended up replacing them with Harley's led driving lights. Amazing light output. See and be seen!! Highly recommended.

Don't have driving lights on my FLHXXX Trike so I don't have that problem but I do need the extra light from the main lamp. Glad I got it. I agree, SEE and be SEEN.
WAP.gif

Sorry for the silly question . . . new owner here! But what are 'driving lights'?

Mark

The smaller accessory lights below, and to the left and right, of the main headlight. Mostly found on the Electraglides, Road Kings, and Heritages. Many aftermarket ones are available for bikes that didn't come with them if you want to increase your visibility while riding.

Some models have two driving or spot lights on the either side of the headlight. Look at a picture of my bike, Road King Classic to see example. They only come on with the low beams. They do add an nice amount of extra visibility when on, especially with the led option.

Some models have two driving or spot lights on the either side of the headlight. Look at a picture of my bike, Road King Classic to see example. They only come on with the low beams. They do add an nice amount of extra visibility when on, especially with the led option.

Thanks! Hmm . . . I wonder how it would look on a Super Glide . . .

mark

Back