free website stats program HID Headlight | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HID Headlight

Glider,
Some are saying that to solder the electrical connections inside the headlight housing, is this something you did with your installations?

I never soldered the connections as long as they were not loose and didn't have any problems with this bulb or connections in any of my bikes.

If you are talking about your 07 RK, just get the bulb, nothing else has to be replaced.

You may have to snip a tab off that comes on some of the bulbs. Very easy to do but don't touch the glass in the bulb.

I ALWAYS CLEAN ALL POSSIBLE OIL OFF A NEW BULB EVEN IF PACKAGED and UNOPENED ONES....

A BOTLE OF ALCOHOL AND USE PLENTY.... makes sure all the oil from an accidental touch is off the bulb.

HIGH HEAT BULB and a finger print (oil) will destroy a bulb in no time!

I opened a high performance bulb package once and NOT TOUCHING IT,,,, noticed a smug..... Glad I cleaned it off.

still working today

signed....BUBBIE

This could be the reason for an early failure if there was some oil from a touch on the bulb that has been mentioned on the forum, otherwise I have never lost one of these bulbs.

Just installed the H4 Halogen, 80/100 watt. Osram/Sylvania brand. per Glider's recommendation, easy install however I also had to trim the extra tab off. A tip for others when installing the new bulb it's the perfect time to adjust your vertical and horizontal headlight adjustments.
Thanks Glider!

Glad it worked out for the better.

Also when installing one of these bulbs, you can raise the light beam just a bit because of the better defined lighting.

Dollar for Dollar, the Osram bulb was the best upgrade I have ever done. Living and riding in deer country, this bulb is worth it's weight in gold.

I did raise the vertical adjustment just above the horizontal line drawn on the wall in my garage, just waiting for night time to give it the real test!

A rule of thumb for those wanting to adjust headlight is
1. 25 feet back from wall, place center of front tire on this line
2. Measure from ground to center of headlight
3. Transfer that measurement on to the wall, draw horizontal line
4. Beam should hit dead center on horizontal wall line

In the case of the Osram bulb I brought the beam just slightly above the horizontal line.

Back