free website stats program HID Headlight for Touring models | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

HID Headlight for Touring models

I e-mailed Xenon and asked them which one they recommended for the SG and they replied with the 6000k model. The installation was a snap, remove the front fairing, I mounted the ballast on top of the radio with the double sided tape supplied in the kit, (there was a bracket included for alternate mounting) and then replaced the factory buld with the bulb from the kit and then plug up the wires to the factory plug. A very simple installation, and yes I would recommend this product, excellent lighting for a reasonable price, compared to the other availible kits. I have yet to have a on coming car flash thier lights at me at night thinking I have my brights on, the white light at night is amazing.

Did you have any noise issues in the radio with the ballast mounted on top of the radio? Generally a ballast will induce a frequency hum or buzzing into an audio system if mounted too close to it.

Have seen a set from DDM touring a guy put on his triumph. He also had a set of halogen bulbs, those HID ones were definitly brighter. He said they took less power from his system that he wanted for other things also,
down side, I saw a guy have HID bulbs in his headlight and both spots and they were blinding in mid summer full day sun. not sure what they would have been at night

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you, like me, who get interested in these because of this post....here's the info from the site mentioned:

Available Color temperature:
5000K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K.

Items in the kit :
* 1 x HID Bulbs
* 1 x Ballasts with Secure Mounting Brackets
* 1 x Wire harness
* 4 x Zip ties
* All necessary wires and install accessories
* Installation diagram(English)

Product Features:

Brand New TRUE HID (High Intensity Discharge) Xenon Conversion Kit

5000K~10000K HID Bulb emits Cool light beam color

Convert your dim yellowish halogen lights to the Brightest HID lights

Direct Plug & Play Installation

Requires NO MODIFICATION to factory light housing of your vehicle

Costs $1500+ at your auto dealers

Kit include EVERYTHING you need to convert to HID: HID Bulbs, Ballasts & Wiring Harness

100% satisfaction guaranteed. One Year Warranty for all parts.

Genuine high quality products

100% Water & Weather Proof

Retrofit bulb types: H1, H3, H4 (High & Low), H7, H8, H10, H11, H13, 9004, 9005, 9006 & 9007, 9008, 9145, 880, 881.

3X Brighter than halogen lights for greater night-time driving visibility

10X Longer Lasting. No need to replace for life of the vehicle potentially

100% Reversible to your original factory halogen headlight

35% less power consumption

Generate less heat

Highest Industry Standard quality products

Extra long wiring harness for easy installation

World's best quality ballast modules

Note: The Kit does not include igniters because they are integrated into the ballasts. Some lower quality kits come with separate igniters, but come with more complications as a result.

Now, my question to Glider....

Glider...what do you think? Would you recommend installation of this kit, and if so, which model? Any potential electrical issues as a result of installing it? Anything that would warrant NOT doing it?

Your thoughts, as always, sincerely appreciated!!!

I would never try to say what Glider's thoughts on this would be, but for me the cost alone whould be the reason to NOT do it.:small3d031:

For those of you, like me, who get interested in these because of this post....here's the info from the site mentioned:

Requires NO MODIFICATION to factory light housing of your vehicle

This is ABSOLUTELY impossible & untrue. For HID capsules to display light properly, that is without on-road hotspots & shadows,, the enclosure cutoffs & capsule position must be modified. Anyone telling you otherwise is lying, has no clue or just wants to take your money.

It is Very Far from plug & play. Sure, you can install the bulb and ride but from that moment on, people will be blinking their hi-beams at you and the road will have hot spots and voids of light.. This is the reason they say, non DOT approved, off road use only.
Unless I was using an enclosure designed for HID capsules, I would never do a conversion again.

Hoop!

I posted this question on the Brighter Headlight thread and got no response so I'll try it here. I put an aftermarket 100/80 aftermarket bulb in my 05FLTRI and it blistered and cracked the lenses in front of the headlights ( not the lexan shield that is part of the fairing). Has anyone put one of the new Oshram 80/100 in a FLTRI?

Back