free website stats program HID Headlight for Touring models | Harley Davidson Forums

HID Headlight for Touring models

KingHeritage

Last week at Daytona my neighbor had an HID headlight installed on his SG from the boys at Kuryakyn.The cost for this light(less installation)was 500.00.Are they worth it?He says the light performs well but am I missing something here?I'm all for new light technology but this seems to be way overpriced in my book.I can purchase a good halogen bulb for under 15.00.Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think he has more money than brains.JMO

I agree with you here, the $11.58 for the 80/100 Osram bulb verses $500 for the HID and I'll bet if you put them side by side, you still couldn't justify the $500 unit.

I saw those HIDs at the Kuryakyn big tent at Destination Daytona and then heard they were $500. I then thought of Glider's thread about the Osram bulb for $12 and just chuckled. I'd go with Osram and spend the $488 on other items.

WOW! That is crazy high, I just installed a HID kit on my 09' Glide from Xenonlink.com, the 6000K model for 75.99 to my door and it was a snap to install. And the differance is unbelivable! A few of my boys saw it riding behind me and ordered them one the next day. 500 bucks??? wow

I agree with you here, the $11.58 for the 80/100 Osram bulb verses $500 for the HID and I'll bet if you put them side by side, you still couldn't justify the $500 unit.

Rich I will stick my neck out here and say that this will be Gliders reply!:D

Back