free website stats program hiccup @ cruise speed | Harley Davidson Forums

hiccup @ cruise speed

harleyreb

Got an 04 flht carburated bike that just started to hiccup at constant cruising speed. only happens when throttle is bareley cracked. anyone got ideas as to why?

Got an 04 flht carburated bike that just started to hiccup at constant cruising speed. only happens when throttle is bareley cracked. anyone got ideas as to why?
I am NOT the HD mechanic -- but, my 01 Heritage battery went dead one day and I jumped it off and while driving home, my engine (EFI) acted the same way. would hicup while holding speed ~ 40-50 or so. The throttle was just barely open enough to maintain speed. -- solution - had the HD folks install new battery! No more hicups!

You might just want to check out your battery. to check it out is free.

Bill

If you haven't changed intake or exhaust the jetting would not have changed so you might look for a restriction in the carb, or posably old gas or intake leak? A little history leading up to the hiccup might help find a cure.

As chopper said, a little more background would help. That being said, I had that problem since new. After talking with others I put in a n65c needle and that fixed the hiccup, even on cold days

Back