free website stats program Hibernation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hibernation

Where are all the Map Books, Brochures and lists of all the places you are riding to as soon as the snow melts?:coffee

Bob

Unbelievably there is no snow here yet this year,still riding,just not today it has rained all day,temps in the high 50s

December 22nd. Have to go in to the salt mine and shut down the plant for a 3 day holiday, shut down. Looked outside at noon, humm 30 degrees, light snow and gusts to 20 mph. What the heck, I have an hour to go 16 miles of back country hills and corners to get there. So I geared up and went out to the enclosed, unheated trailor that is home to the scoot.
The old carberated Evo bucked and snorted some, but after a few mins steadied into a nice rumble. I put on my amber shooting glasses and bucket and headed down the county road. After about 5 or 6 miles I thought, not to bad except for the wind blowing me around. Got to work with a simle on my face. 2 hours later fired her back up and took the long way back to the house. Each mile of light snow, curves and hills melted the stress of a long week off of my bones. I just spent 9 weeks in the field and woodlots hunting Bambi and never saw one. Here on my way home I counted 31 of the critters just hanging off the roads and in the fields. Not even they could break the spell of the magic of the ride. Here I had thought about winterizing her back in October and now I'm glad that it was only a fleeting thought.
I have lived in Florida and Tennessee and rode year round in both states. They each had their challenges, extreme heat and thunder storms come to mind. Light snow and cold are an issue to be sure, but I thank the Lord that I can go out and enjoy the ride.
I hope each and everyone of you folks have a wonderfull and blessed holiday season.
Rick

Holding out on this in VA. Thinking I should be able to get out at least once a month, at least until it snows. Thinking positive.

Back