free website stats program Hibernation | Harley Davidson Forums

Hibernation

Lawdog314

Today is the day. I have fought it as long as I could. Time to tuck the scoots in for a ,hopefully, short winters nap. All fluids have been changed, Stabil (sp?) and MMO to fuel, batteries happily trickling. They have been washed and will get several waxings when the snow flies and the urge to bond is irresistible. New tires and plugs for Christmas, and maybe a new windshield for the Ultra. Still it is a sad day...:cry

Anything I missed? They reside in a heated and humidity controlled garage and are covered. I will be living my riding vicariously through you all for a few months. I envy you...

Today is the day. I have fought it as long as I could. Time to tuck the scoots in for a ,hopefully, short winters nap. All fluids have been changed, Stabil (sp?) and MMO to fuel, batteries happily trickling. They have been washed and will get several waxings when the snow flies and the urge to bond is irresistible. New tires and plugs for Christmas, and maybe a new windshield for the Ultra. Still it is a sad day...:cry

Anything I missed? They reside in a heated and humidity controlled garage and are covered. I will be living my riding vicariously through you all for a few months. I envy you...

Some steel wool in the pipes to keep mice out, keep the salt from your cages from dripping on the tires, some like to keep bike jacked up to keep tires from flat spotting

And I envy you for having a heated and humidity controlled garage. Mine's parked on plywood and covered in the garage. Still have to add the Sta-bil since I added fuel since the last time I'd added it when I sorta parked her. Probably should add the steel wool to the exhaust.

With any luck, I'll get an insulated and heated shed built just behind the garage next year. Plan on installing a garage door at the back of my garage so I can drive through the garage and into the shed.

Sad day indeed :( I still have to change out fluids, add the fuel stabilizer, and pull the battery... But hey! You got room in that garage for mine?

Was planning same here today, but college & fortunate good weather are postponing the effort...

whats this hibernation thing your bike is going into. down here bike just gets a nights sleep!

You got that right ... Only way I could justify buying a brand new Harley is because I use it as My main vehicle . I ride year round regardless of weather ..lol The people at work think I'm crazy but I don't care .. I smile everytime I straddle the seat . :D

Too bad ya got to put them up. maybe a few good riding vids to get you through the winter:)

I can't ever seem to do the winterizing thing. I believe I can get in at least one ride each month in Missouri. My husband puts his up for the winter and always offers to do the same for me. No Thanks! Today was the perfect example of why. Mid 60's in December is very unusual. You bet I got out and rode. And, I saw lots of others out too.

Here's hoping for a short, mild winter for all!

Riding all day here. Even washed her today. She'll get new fluids for Christmas and since I am off for the week, hopefully hundreds of miles put on. Sorry for the misfortune.

Back