free website stats program hi rpm problems | Harley Davidson Forums

hi rpm problems

trevorsr

i havea panhead with a4speed ratchet top rev tec tranny if irap out 3rd gear it does not want togo in to 4th till the wheel speed comes way down. any ideas

i havea panhead with a4speed ratchet top rev tec tranny if irap out 3rd gear it does not want togo in to 4th till the wheel speed comes way down. any ideas

Pull the top cover off and check the shifter dogs

sorry for my ignorance here - but -- your saying the rear wheel speed has to come down... i.e. say from 75 mph to ??? 50 mph and not the RPM's of the engine. So if your out on a backroad puttin around and doing 50/60 you have no problems shifting from 3rd to 4th but out on a major highway/interstate and your trying to get up to speed - say 75 mph - you can not shift.? What speed are you having this shifting problem at? Again , if Im not understanding you , sorry.

While the top is off check your spacing on the 2 clutch gears.They are the gears that the shifter forks attach to. You really need an alignment tool for that though.
tourbox

Back