free website stats program Hi new here. 07 fxstc. | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi new here. 07 fxstc.

garyp

This is my 07 custom. screamin eagle 2 mufflers. v&h fuel pac. k&n filter. A few other mods. Get a bit of poppin in lower rpm"s, no air leaks and i"ve messed with diffrent fueling codes. If i ride hard no poppin at all. Any ideas?

DSCN0262new.JPG

When does it pop, decel or accel, or just riding normal?

How about where it pops from, intake or exhaust?:cheers

Only on decel, from exhaust at low rpm.The bike runs fine, pulls strong, no weak spots. Its just a bit annoying.

There's a lot of bikes that pop on decel, sometimes it's something you have to live with depending on the exhaust you run. Check the header bolts to see if they are snug enough or a leak can cause the popping also. The maps in the FI bikes will cut out the fuel on decel and sometimes you will get some popping when it is reintroduced at the lower speed into a hot exhaust as the bike slows down.

Checked the header bolts. I know i"ve got to live with it. The FI seems a bit quirky on late bikes. Didnt have no probs on any carb models previous. Thanks for the advice.

Glider has the right idea. My bike started popping through the exhaust on decel so I checked the exhaust at the heads and both pipes were pretty loose. Tightened them up w/ a 13mm and it fixed the issue.

Have the FuelPak on mine with V&H pipes. Get a little popping on decel if the throttle is slightly open. All the way shut it doesn't do it at all. If your getting the popping with throttle completely shut off you might try recalibrating of your throttle again to the FuelPak, and make sure it reads 0 to 99 in the check mode.
D.Orr

I've got an 07 Night Train and have kind of the same issue. I've got a Fuel Pak and Rush Exhaust. I checked with Fuel Pak and they gave me an adjustment to make but it still pops from time to time on decel. It's just something you may have to live with. Fuel Pak's other suggestion was to make sure you completely come off the throttle on deceleration and downshifting.

My 06 Night Train popped a bit on decel with the baffles in and a lot with them out. It's normal It also had SEII mufflers.

Back