free website stats program Hi from NC | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi from NC

Welcome aboard and nice scoot, I'm partial to flames.....If you don't muster up the guts to ride it, I'd be happy to ride it for ya:s

Welcome aboard and nice scoot, I'm partial to flames.....If you don't muster up the guts to ride it, I'd be happy to ride it for ya:s

thanks! i had a little bit of carb problems that made it want to die when you twisted it quick, i ran seafoam through the gas tank and whoa! im a seafoam user now!

after about a 6 year sit the needle valves and all that got 'gumed' from what little gas was left in it (he parked it with intentions of riding it again soon - not storeing it)

i think i have the carb running much better then what it was (i fiddle with briggs and stratton carbs....but this S&S super E looks like i want nothing to do with it)

it starts first kick (that is if you dont count the 4 dry kicks) and once i was messing around and kicked it while stradleing it (kinda made the bike wobble in a way that told me to stop messing around before i lay it down)

as for the flames....my FIL bought the seats with flames on it and a black bike....so he took it to a buddy of his and asked to match the color as close as he could - then got all the 'inferno' covers for everything.

the bike is pretty close to outlaw, no mirrors or turn signals or horn...and when the cop stops and asks if i know how fast i was goin, i can honestly say 'no' as the speedo is null (a common problem with this era of bikes?)

too be honest, i was trying to solve a transportation problem, too many people and not enough vehicles - granted, a gnarly harley from the '70s is the awesomest way to solve it, but now i have to learn to ride it, then ride to work EVERY DAY...

tonight i go for the first ride (in the yard...but the first ride none the less!)

..........im so amped i didnt sleep last night.

Back