free website stats program Hi From Klamath Falls Oregon 300 days of sunshine | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi From Klamath Falls Oregon 300 days of sunshine

trayne20

Just bought gorgeous yellow 2005 Road King Custom. I haven't rode for well over twenty years. I have my permit at 57 my 21 year old son has to follow me on his sport bike we must look funny.

I am glad to find this site I will be doing all my own repairs and maintenance. Already had to go through the head light to tighten the handle bars. Huh! It wasn't to bad, took me an hour.

I need to change the oil and run Royal Purple in my cars and truck. Is 50 weight Royal Purple a good choice?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, and have a great time on that Road King. It's never too late to start riding again.

Welcome to the 'show'. I would be leary of using anything other than 'Harley' oil. It might void the warente. I would ask you local dealer. But you know what they would say right? Use the 'Harley' oil.

Welcome to the 'show'. I would be leary of using anything other than 'Harley' oil. It might void the warente. I would ask you local dealer. But you know what they would say right? Use the 'Harley' oil.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

This has been discussed in dozens of threads. Do a quick search!

They cannot void a warranty for using anything other than a Harley oil. If your choice meets or exceeds the specs for the Harley oil, you can use any brand you wish. If they insist that you can use only Harley oil, tell them to put it in writing, bet they don't.:D They also have to furnish their oil for free if this was the case.

They cannot void a warranty for using anything other than a Harley oil. If your choice meets or exceeds the specs for the Harley oil, you can use any brand you wish. If they insist that you can use only Harley oil, tell them to put it in writing, bet they don't.:D They also have to furnish their oil for free if this was the case.

And you know they wont. Just use the correct oil and keep good records:D

Don't run anything but V Twin approved oil that meets or exceeds the HD spec. I run Red Line. They make a box set called a "Power Pac" that has 5 qts of 20/50 V twin cam oil, 1 qt shock proof Tranny oil, 1 qt Primary Drive oil, 1 bottle of Fuel additive, a hat, a funnel and some stickers for your tool box.
Welcome ta the Forum!

Back