Hi flow vs Stage1

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by rusntx, Sep 22, 2014.

1. rusntx

rusntx Active Member Contributor

Hi all, have a 2014 RK with slip ons wondering if worthwhile to add stage1 as these have hi flow air cleaners. Planning on an Arlen Ness Stage 1 possibly and will install FL-ViEDS-10 also to get temp drop on engine and exhaust. Thanks for the advice

2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Getting it to breath better is always a good thing. You may want to consider adding a fueler as well, adding more air will lean it out even more then it already is.

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

4. rusntx

Thanks much appreciate the advice and info

5. rusntx

dbmg- great read, really calls into question my proposed plan. Seems like a better option is available for sure. More costly but the better way to go! Thanks again.

6. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

put on a header and get rid of those cats if you really want to reduce the heat

7. rusntx

I have recently started looking at them too since as you said the cat is bad news. Will putting new headers, stage 1 and a fueler hurt my warranty? Thx

8. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Only if the dealer says so. And can use this to get out of repairing bike....:nosad

9. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

I had my header pipe and breather and screaming eagle tuner installed then had it dynoed before I took my new bike home and it is all under warranty no worries here

10. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

You make a interesting point Hillbilly81. I wonder what their position would be if you bought the new bike from dealer, and installed the updates your self and had bike dynoed at a speed shop.????