free website stats program Hi All nice to be here | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi All nice to be here

LibertyRide

Hi Everyone I'm new here glad to see so many riders here.

Ok I have a question and was wondering if someone might have some insight.
I bought a 2009 sportster from a Harley dealer used it only had 5200 miles on the OD,
the dealer stated when I picked up the bike it had its 5000 mile check up. Ok Great drove it off the lot and have been happy since ok the now I have 7100 mile now on the OD today not even before the 1st change is due.

I'm on the highway while all of this is going on and I loose power I pull over and thats it shes dead in the water. I wait a while try to restart the bike it turns the engine but thats it no fire up.

I have the bike towed at a tune of 280.00 to the dealer. Right of the bat the service girl yaps well you didnt puchase the extended service warranty, you will most likely be responsible for it. And then wanted to know if I keep it on a battery charger at night???

So it sounds like I might be buying a new engine. Is there a manufacturer warranty on the engine even if its used up to a certain mileage. I went over the dealer 30 warranty 2 weeks ago. Ha figures.

If anyone has any thoughts on where I stand on this legally that would be great Ive only had the bike 6 weeks just not cool on all levels.

And yes I babied the heck out of it I never beat on it cuz I'm sure people will sound off right away. Thanks so much

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the "BEST on the NET" and Howdy from Pa.

It seems that there is somethings a miss here. Who is saying the engine is bad and you need a new one????? A new bike come with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. When bike was shutting down what other symptoms were there. And does keeping a battery on charge at night when you stated you tried to start bike and it only cranked. I would thin battery is ok...:dknow

To get more advice you will need to start a thread under the appropriate area of the forum for not many Members look at or respond to New Member Introduction...

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back