free website stats program Hfsm | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hfsm

Check that the handlebar off/run switch is on. All of the lights except the check engine light come on when it's in the off position.

thanks -- and yes I checked all that too. My OLD Heritage (2001) has most of all the same things when starting up. But with my old bike I NEVER carried a FOB -- just my barrel key to lock and unlock. This new bike MUST have the FOB as I appreciate it.

Bill

thanks -- and yes I checked all that too. My OLD Heritage (2001) has most of all the same things when starting up. But with my old bike I NEVER carried a FOB -- just my barrel key to lock and unlock. This new bike MUST have the FOB as I appreciate it.

Bill

You are correct. The only way to start the bike without the fob is to manually enter the code.

You are correct. The only way to start the bike without the fob is to manually enter the code.

well IF replacing the FOB battery doesn't work --- then I spose Ill trailer it to HD shop and get them to do something to it!!!! $$$$$$

Gosh, I already am needing some 'stuff' such as a luggage rack, hiway pegs, pullback risers, hummmmmmm more money!!!

BUT I really like the bike!!!!

Bill

Bilbo; Just to satisfy MY need: With the fob in hand, does moving the bike side to side, etc. activate the signal lights flashing? If no, the fob is sending a signal to the TSSM. Try the pin code method of starting the bike that is in the owners manual. If you don't have the manual, one of us can step by step you through it (one of the first steps shows the current code if you don't know it).
If the code display/start steps DON'T work, it points back to the TSSM. NOTE;
the bike must be undisturbed on the side stand when activating codes.

I just remembered, if the FOB is good, display of the code is as far as you can go with FOB present. Fob has to be moved away to start with code.

If the turn indicators are not blinking when you try to start it this isn't a problem with the fob. As suggested check the position of the kill switch. If it is in the on position rock it back and forth fairly hard a few times. There could be corrosion in the contacts. If this works you will have to take it apart and clean the contacts and apply a bit of dielectric grease to it.

to all that responded to my question -- THANKS! I have ALWAYS recieved good input from you all here.

I put a new battery in the FOB and things just worked FINE! WOW - never have I had such an easy fix. I bought a two pack (2032) good out to 2023 and I will put the other new battery in my handlebar bag for safe keeping in case I need it. Change out those FOB batteries - its a cheap fix as I found out. Thanks to everyone again.

BTW - does anyone know if/when you buy a new bike - how many FOB's and barrel keys you get?

Bill

to all that responded to my question -- THANKS! I have ALWAYS recieved good input from you all here.

I put a new battery in the FOB and things just worked FINE! WOW - never have I had such an easy fix. I bought a two pack (2032) good out to 2023 and I will put the other new battery in my handlebar bag for safe keeping in case I need it. Change out those FOB batteries - its a cheap fix as I found out. Thanks to everyone again.

BTW - does anyone know if/when you buy a new bike - how many FOB's and barrel keys you get?

Bill

2 Fobs and 2 keys.

thanks Harttoo, I got ONE each! I guess the 'seller' might have the others, but said that's all he had. Im not worried but will try to buy extras at the HD shop ASAP!

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
thanks Harttoo, I got ONE each! I guess the 'seller' might have the others, but said that's all he had. Im not worried but will try to buy extras at the HD shop ASAP!

Thanks

Bill

They will happily sell them to you. The keys are a bit pricey IMO, but the fob isn't too bad. Where they get you on that is that it must be "married" to your bike. Local dealer here charges one hour of shop time to do that.

Back