free website stats program Hernia surgery. | Harley Davidson Forums

Hernia surgery.

coopernicus

Contributor
Weeee Hooooo, I get to spend the next few weeks recovering from surgery. Was supposed to just be a simple surgery and ended up being a 3 and half hour one. The previous surgery some 15+ years ago had grown scar tissue over the mesh screws so they couldn't get old screws out. So he stitched it up and put a patch over that. That was Thurs and today I finally able to walk around the pond. Hopefully be able to ride in a coupla weeks. So for now I just get to watch the Harleys go by my house and wait. Not wanting any symphony, just needed to vent a little. Everyone have a great holiday weekend. I'll just watch the Indy 500 and the Charlotte 600 on tv.

Hope you heal up fast.
Back in the late 90's I elected to do a double hernia repair. Won't do that again.
Thought it would be better than being off work twice. Almost passes with pain just lifting feet off the hardwood floor on to the carpet.

Sorry to hear that you are down. However, I am glad to hear that you are taking the time to heal. That is the toughest part. (In most cases). Take care of yourself. There will be time to ride later. ;)

Hope you heal up fast.
Back in the late 90's I elected to do a double hernia repair. Won't do that again.
Thought it would be better than being off work twice. Almost passes with pain just lifting feet off the hardwood floor on to the carpet.
Wow! I couldn't even imagine a double. How did you even get up and down?

Sorry to hear that you are down. However, I am glad to hear that you are taking the time to heal. That is the toughest part. (In most cases). Take care of yourself. There will be time to ride later. ;)
Thank you. I just have to keep my hands off the bike cause there is something I want to do to it....lol

Do what they tell ya. You'll be back on the road in no time...

For me the pain was crazy high, might as well slam your ding dong in a car door and a second time just so you don't forget it. I was given Lorre tabs, might be spelt wrong, those just made me sick and plugged up, that led to a supository, silver bullet as my daughter calls them.
Anyway hope everything goes good for you.
Wow! I couldn't even imagine a double. How did you even get up and down?

Update: one week from surgery and down to 1/2 hydrocodone twice a day. One more day and down to 1/2 a day....that's my plan anyway. Much much better now till I sneezed this morning. wowzers. Gotta get off those narcotics and looks like I'm almost there. And to Joel....omg couldn't even imagine the pain you went through and I know what you mean about being plugged. They don't tell you that part when you get released. PUSH PUSH ...yeah right! lol

Back