free website stats program Herko Cam Tensioner Upgrade Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Herko Cam Tensioner Upgrade Kit

BuddyK

I've read a ton of great information on this forum about the different cam tensioner upgrade options for the TC88's. I have an '04 EG. I think I'm going to go with the Herko kit if it's still available. I like the idea of getting rid of both silent chains for the roller chains, as opposed to the HD kit which only replaces the outer. I'm still on the fence as to which cam set to choose - either the 21N or the 26N. Any help with the cam choice would be great.
Does anyone know if this kit is still offered and how to order it?
Thanks

I've read a ton of great information on this forum about the different cam tensioner upgrade options for the TC88's. I have an '04 EG. I think I'm going to go with the Herko kit if it's still available. I like the idea of getting rid of both silent chains for the roller chains, as opposed to the HD kit which only replaces the outer. I'm still on the fence as to which cam set to choose - either the 21N or the 26N. Any help with the cam choice would be great.
Thanks

Herko kits have been suspended for now, you may try Andrews or the SE kit

Have you looked at the S&S gear drive? I have the gear drive with 26G cams and have not worried about chains or tensioners since the install. Ask Jack how the bike runs!

Thanks

The Herko kit and the Andrews Products kit are essentially the same basic parts, although John added a bunch of stuff that just helped make his kit one-stop! That and the optional stuff he had available really meant you could get everything from one place at one time.

I went with the 21N. Others have gone with the 26N. They are very close, although the 26N pick a bit higher up and last a bit longer.

TQ

Thanks to all for your responses. I will look further into the Andrews kit with the 26N cams.
This site is a great site with a wealth of great information and super nice people all willing to help each other to enjoy the RIDE!!!
Thanks Again :USA

Have you looked at the S&S gear drive? I have the gear drive with 26G cams and have not worried about chains or tensioners since the install. Ask Jack how the bike runs!

It SNORTS real good, has lots of low end pulling power and seems t o have a solid mid range:s

Thanks to all for your responses. I will look further into the Andrews kit with the 26N cams.
This site is a great site with a wealth of great information and super nice people all willing to help each other to enjoy the RIDE!!!
Thanks Again :USA

That's what keeps us separated from the rest. Its also why we are going to hit 60k members real soon.

Back