Heritage windshield

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Billbo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Question for all (I'm back :D)
    I want to replace my windshield -- can I simply order the 'glass' or do I have to get all the chrome hardware too? Also, any recommendations on where to order the windshield......

Thanks
    Bill

2. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

You can just replace the "glass" and use your old hardware, much cheaper. I put on a Memphis Shades glass and am happy with it. It's much thicker and better quality than the Harley glass. Are you changing the height or just need new glass?

3. doctor727

doctor727 Active Member

Welcome back Bill. I agree with Geezer. You can use your hardware on the new "Glass". I also put on a Memphis Shades and it has worked out great for me. Added a tint to the bottom of the glass to "match" my bike color. I am very pleased with their product.

4. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Thanks both of you. I will give them a call to make sure the right replacement fit. I like the idea of a little shading too.

Thanks again,
    Bill

5. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

As others have said, just the shield.

I love my LRS.

Full Size

6. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome back Bill, it seems to me you can now get a light smoke replacement shield only:D

8. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Thanks all -- Im thinking I will go to MShades and see what I can do there.
    Will let you all know what I did.
    EDIT - I did go to the MS website and looks like I will have to go to a HD dealer or JP Cycles anyway just to get the new windshield. Should be around $100.

Bill

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  9. lorne

lorne Senior Member

replaced mine on the RKP and used the same hardware. you will need a third arm grown out of your forehead as it is a wee bit awkward.

10. jwquinn

jwquinn Member

I put a Cee Bailey wind screen on my '12 FSLTC. It's tinted and thicker than stock Comes in several sizes over and under the stock size, plus they'll cut it down for you. It's aircraft grade polycarbonate and slightly thicker than stock. Great service too. Ran me $130, but well worth it.