free website stats program heritage tires | Harley Davidson Forums

heritage tires

Billbo

Hello all -- I just got (in writing) from an HD dealer near me - $650 to replace both tires on my Heritage. My goodness this sounds high to me!!! Their install fee was $85 each tire - the rest was for tires, tubes, rubber bands etc. Online I can get the tires for about $115 each - Dunlop HD 402's. and have them both installed for $100. (add edit) - 50 each tire.

Do you guys pay Harley that much for tires or do you order them online for much less and pay someone to install them (someone that knows his business for sure)?? Just curious - and then I thought - my pu has about 75,000 miles on the original tires - although they are due to be replaced. $650 for two comparitively small tires that last about 15,000 miles vs 650 for four truck tires that last 75,000 miles. hummmm just makes me wonder is all.

Another question - tube tires or tubeless tires on Heritage Soft tail with spoke wheels?

Bill

If you have the time reshearch plan B, you will likly save some money but the dealer is one stop shopping and thats what the extra is all about. I got stuck and paid a way too much for my rear, but hey its only money.

AS i always change my own tyres and i buy on line i would always buy on line as there can be a fair saving to be made
you might find it difficult in this day and age to buy tubed tyres as they all seem to be tubeless but you will need to have tubes fitted on a spoked wheel as where the spokes are fitted to the rim is nearly impossible to seal if the tyre is being replaced i would always replace the tube and the rim tape

Brian

Alot of that is labor. You can save alot taking off and reinstalling yourself. It's also a great time to do some cleaning. I would suggest getting a service manual if you don't have one already, it will pay for itself.

I bought online several times but first asked the dealer if they would install them if I didn't purchase the tires from them. Some frown on that.

Back