free website stats program Heritage Springer | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Springer

Randall K. Wilson

I noticed there is a website just for owners of Heritage Springers 1997 to 2003 models (shiny chromed springer fork) As much as I love H-D, to me it was a very low point in the motor companies history, when this model was dropped from production. :newsmile030:

I will never understand why? To me it would have been a strong seller.

Yeah I love the springers too. My next project for my dyna is that i'm taking the frontend off and replacing it with a springer frontend. Now if stuff will stop popping up so I can save so $ to do it I will be happy.

I remember the first one the pulled into bike night. In all it's fringe and red leather accented glory. One old guy walked around it and said " it looks like something only a drunk shriner would ride". I guess he wasn't alone.

Known as wacka-wacka ,, a friend worked at a local h/d shop & that's watt he called them.. i liked the look if it has a fat tire up there.

I am a teetotalling Shriner since 1975, :newsmile058:

I love the 1997 to 2003 Heritage Springer. IMHO the most nostalgic machine ever produced in recent times.

FYI some statistics from the website I mentioned at the start of this tread:

Heritage Springer Production Stats:

1997 9,717
1998 7,738
1999 2,790
2000 3,669
2001 1,857
2002 1,876
2003 3,100 R.I.P.

:newsmile100: Guess I'm a drunk shriner!

Although I have never owned one, I have ALWAYS wanted one! I think the Heritage Springer is one of the most beautiful Harley's ever made, ESPECIALLY those early ones like the one you describe. As they got towards the end of the run, the fringe got cut back and some of the other features that really added to what made the bike so glorious were designed out, sadly.

There's a dealer I see on ebay all the time in Safety Harbor, Florida who seems to specialize in this model. They always have SPECTACULAR examples, but unfortunately for me they are too far away and their prices are too high for me to consider, since I'd have to add another $500-$600 or whatever to the already high purchase price for shipping.

I'd happily trade my 100TH Anniversary Ultra for one though, even though I always wanted the Anniversary bike as well, and finally got one. The problem now is that I am committed to getting down to only TWO bikes, and since my red UC is both over-invested and my "baby", (I couldn't sell that bike for anywhere NEAR what I have in it but since it's my "keeper" I don't care!), I will soon only have the Anniversary bike to trade or sell to get a Springer.

But I think those Heritage Springers are fantastic retro bikes, and that's always been the look that really trips my trigger.

Maybe one of these days......!
Richard please DON"T SELL the Anniversary Ultra Classic! I have the same bike and whenever I see your Ultra lookin' good I see my own bikes potential.
But I have to admit, the Heritage Springer is a bike that I have secretly coveted too so I don't blame ya! :57:

Back