free website stats program Heritage Springer FLSTS/FLSTSI ??? (Deleted) | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Springer FLSTS/FLSTSI ??? (Deleted)

Randall K. Wilson

The Heritage Springer came out in 1997. Eventually the front fork was blacked out and around 2006 or so it was deleted from model production.

To the forum: What reason do you think the Motor Company deleted this model? Deleting this model to me was one of the "dark" days in the history of the company.

Someday I just might have to bag me a used one, but not one with the blacked out fork. I prefer the shiny traditional chromed out springer fork.

Please respond.

I believe they may have canned it becasue the springer frotn end hindered good braking. Not sure. I did love the blacked out look. very old school.

its not really dead know is it the Screamin eagle springer softail custom and the Crossbones, ok neither have the traditional looks but the softail springer chassis lives on in those bikes.
Yes i want a springer but i want it on a chop or my dyna and for hindering braking dunno the crossbones and the SE springer stop well enough

Tis, Hobbit point well taken, but I like the 1997 version and the ones close after that which followed, the best. Truly a 1940's look. Awesome machine.
It broke my heart when it was delete.

I know some folk like the blacked out fork, but I would want mine to shine like a new dime!:D

Hobbit, just going by hearsay and from a club Brother who has one. Seems that the bouncing and compression of the springer comrpomises the braking some. Just what I have been told, no personal experience.

To see a pic you'll have to go to a thread called New 2 Me...
what's up with that...?

You can only post a pix once on the forum somewhere, but if you want to show it somewhere else, just go find it, right click on it and "Copy shortcut" then go where you want to show it again, and paste it in. It will have to have the tag "
" at the end. That'll do 'er!!
Here is an example from another post:

4176d1250767982-2_softail_seats_for_sale-8.jpg

TQ

My Uncle has a 1999 (ish) Springer and got to say it is beautiful, I remember when he picked it up brand new.....He loves it, and says he will probably never part with it!!! Don't know why they would do away with it.

I have a 99 heritage springer,and have owned several Harleys over the years.This is by far my favorite.I plan on keeping it.Have owned the bike since 1999.Now when I sit on any other Harley.they just dont compare.They seen smaller and not as stretched or something.

Back