free website stats program Heritage Softail/Fat Boy | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Softail/Fat Boy

Badgerw

Have been looking for the past few weeks to perhaps trade up to a Fat Bay as I purchased a Sportster in January of 2009 and have 1 year if I choose to trade up to a big twin and get M.S.R.P. Had pretty much decided on the Fat Boy, adding a windshield, saddle bags and a back rest. However, it looks as if I go that route it would be more cost efficient to just purchase a Heritage Softail Classic. Any Heritage Softail owners out there that can give me feed back on their Heritage Softail Classics,and if my thinking makes any sense.

Both great bikes.IMO I never liked the rhinestone look that came with the heritage.In the class of bike you seek the Deluxe is the one I would choose.

Hey Bad!
I have a 06 Heritage Softail Classic.....I am 5'11 235lbs...LOVE IT..Handles great for me. If I had it all to do over again, I would still pick what I have. it soots me for the type riding that I do. Country roads, back roads, cruzing 55 - 60 mph no hurry to be anywhere...anyway my 2 cents. you ask.. Good Luck

I bought the Fatboy;if I had it to do over I would spend the extra on the Haritage and save some money in the long run. I've put a lot of cash into my FB and I still don't have Saddlebags.

I picked this fatboy up cheap last weekend. Rode it home 1ooo miles.
2003-Harley-Davidson-Fatboy-3353429-761.jpg

I bought mine last March. Love the handling and smooth ride, even two up. This is my first Harley so I can't offer any compairisons, but so far I am not the least bit disappointed.

Loved my Heritage.

I've never ridden a FB and it appears with people here who have them they are very popular. I have heard from people in the past that the solid rims can be a bear in heavy crosswinds. But I think heavy crosswinds are a bear regardless.

My dos centaros is for the Heritage. More bang for the buck compared to the FB but alot of it probably depends on what type of riding you plan to do.

Love my '09.....I was a big fan of the deluxe, but I wanted to add bags, windshield, and sissy bar. That was way more expensive. Besides I like the Heritage bars better......when u take the bags, windshield and sissy bar off, its a deluxe.....pretty much all the same with FL softails, I think.:D

Attachments

• heritage.jpg
    heritage.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 13
i would say fatboy if u dont cruise too much or otherwise go road king classic rather than the heritage

Back