free website stats program Heritage softail 2-up riding? | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage softail 2-up riding?

take 5

I am looking to move up from a dyna to a softail or touring, looking at the Heritage and RKC, probably would ride 2-up 60/40, not planning a cross country ride but want to be comfortable. How good is the Heritage 2-up, better then RKC, or the same? LIke the looks of either bike, just need suggestions, probably would put a detachable tour pak on.

I ride a Heritage 2-up with no problems however the RKC would be more comfortable since it has the touring frame. I think many on this forum would agree.

Very seldom in the rear and I am a big boy, 290lbs. I changed the oil in the front forks to a heavier oil and have never had the forks bottom out since. They would only do it if I hit a really bad bump and only a handful of times, it just annoyed me.

RKC is a far better choice for the amount of 2 up riding you plan to do. Yes, you can comfortably ride 2 up and even go long distances on the Heritage but that's not what it was designed to do. The RKC and all other members of the touring family were designed from ground zero to be ridden 2 up for long distances. Better wind protection, better suspension, floorboards instead of pegs, etc.

RKC is a great choice because you can lose the windshield for around town cruising and put it back on and add a tour pak for ultimate touring ability, for both you and the passenger.

HSTC,s are great bike never had a problem with 2up, its up to you, whatever you can afford, but like Doc stated the RKC was designed for 2up.

I have a 2006 Heritage. I weigh 260. My passenger weighed 220. We did just fine. We were a svelte pair of manly men.... No bottoming out and the bike hauled us just fine. I know nothing about the RKC but I imagine the ride would be a bit softer.

I ride 85% of the time 2-up. We total about 350 lbs and have only bottomed out a couple of times, fully loaded saddle bags, t-bag and rollup. I almost bought a RK and I'm glad I didn't. A friend has one and I would not change for one now.

RKC is a far better choice for the amount of 2 up riding you plan to do. Yes, you can comfortably ride 2 up and even go long distances on the Heritage but that's not what it was designed to do. The RKC and all other members of the touring family were designed from ground zero to be ridden 2 up for long distances. Better wind protection, better suspension, floorboards instead of pegs, etc.

RKC is a great choice because you can lose the windshield for around town cruising and put it back on and add a tour pak for ultimate touring ability, for both you and the passenger.

Was not aware of that, designed for 2-up, good info to know, thanks.

Back