free website stats program Heritage passenger seat and rack removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage passenger seat and rack removal

gasbag

Hello,

I have a 2006 Heritage. I want to remove the passenger seat, backrest and rack and replace it with a luggage rack that will cover most of the rear fender. I have searched the net and all HD sites and have come up empty more or less.

I want to do this because I will not be carrying any passengers and also want to discourage any "Oh, can I have a ride please please please" requests. I will also remove the passenger foot pegs. I live in a rural area and toting smaller items around on the bike would be a great advantage and save gas.

Has anyone found a good rack that works? I have found only one so far, which is in the HD parts catalog which of course requires buying more parts to make it work and retain the saddlebags. The whole thing costs a bit over $200.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have seen a lot of imaginative solutions to a lot of problems here and I am hoping someone has done what I want to do.

Have a good day and please ride safe...........................................

Dennis Kirk sells motherwell luggage racks that are well built I ordered one for my bike and love it.

Back