free website stats program Heritage Hub Cap Assembly | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Hub Cap Assembly

Has anyone ever taken off their front wheel "Hub Cap Assembly" and ran without it? I noticed that mine is so close to the fork lower that it is just barely touching. Not enough to leave a rub mark on the hub cap, but makes a noise and is driving my crazy. I reassembled exactly as it came apart so I don't know why its touching. I think it would look better without it. Any thoughts? Experienced ones especially - Thanks

I see there were 26 views, no replies. It's all good because I broke out the manual and the jack... The hub cap is attached to the axel spacer with a snap rig. I purely for looks and not that great of looks in my opinion. Plus if it ever gets even slightly warped you have a balance issue and a rubbing issue. My is now gone. I just pulled the hub cap off of the space and threw the space back on. Everything is now at peace in my world!

I see there were 26 views, no replies. It's all good because I broke out the manual and the jack... The hub cap is attached to the axel spacer with a snap rig. I purely for looks and not that great of looks in my opinion. Plus if it ever gets even slightly warped you have a balance issue and a rubbing issue. My is now gone. I just pulled the hub cap off of the space and threw the space back on. Everything is now at peace in my world!

Good to know.

You made me go look and boy you ain't kidding, no room for error there. Very tight tolerance between the hub cap and forks indeed. Good to know it can be taken off without it being an issue.

I took mine off years ago and replaced it with a red anodized disc with engraving.

I agree! teasing like that should not be allowed :D

I will try to post pics tomorrow. If I don't you can see the bike and a couple of the covers on the thread HDT at Bikeweek 2011. The timing cover and the Derby cover (in video) and the one on the front wheel were purchased at Millers in south Daytona, but I think I have seen them in the J&P cat.

I was at the dealer today and looked a new Heritage to see what Mad Dog Jim was talking about. All I can say is WOW. Wonder what would happen if a stone would jam in there.:newsmile071:

Back