free website stats program Heritage Headlight Low Beam Not Working | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Headlight Low Beam Not Working

232ROY

Hi,
I have a 2002 Heritage. The other day I was riding along and my low beam stopped working, but everything else works (indicators/high beam, dashboard etc).
I replaced headlight bulb but still no good, tested connection on bulb and no juice to low beam. Fuse okay, high beam dashboard lighting up, removed tank checked all connectors and traced wiring back as best as possible to fuse block.

What could it be? a break in the wire or bad connection?

Help!!!!!!!

Hi,
I have a 2002 Heritage. The other day I was riding along and my low beam stopped working, but everything else works (indicators/high beam, dashboard etc).
I replaced headlight bulb but still no good, tested connection on bulb and no juice to low beam. Fuse okay, high beam dashboard lighting up, removed tank checked all connectors and traced wiring back as best as possible to fuse block.

What could it be? a break in the wire or bad connection?

Help!!!!!!!

Bad connection in handle bar switch? Take the switch half apart and clean the contacts and try again

Hi cleaned handle bar switch, now have juice at headlight connection - 12.5v through white (high) and 12.5v through yellow (dipped). However when push connector onto headlight bulb i have main beam but loose dipped beam, checked juice 12.5v at yellow wire (dipped), i am going to renew all buld connectors tomorrow and i cant see why it shouldnt work, i will keep you all posted

Traced yellow wire back to switch, have juice in loom between switch and bulb connector, however loose juice intermitently at rear of headlight shell, cut back loom and found problem. Yellow wire were it enters into headlight shell was broken and hanging on by a strand of wire, hence juice sometimes and sometimes not.

Rewired and everything is working now.

Back