free website stats program Heritage head pipes on Deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage head pipes on Deluxe

thehonas

My wife has a '12 softail deluxe on order and I have been thinking of ways to make room for larger saddlebags and asked the parts guy at an HD dealer in Wa. state if I couldn't just replace the head pipes with those taken off a Heritage since its the same frame and motor. This would lower the top muffler probably 4 or 5 inches. I plan to either keep the stock mufflers or get slip-ons. I found a complete exhaust system, including the bracket to support the mufflers, on e-bay that came off a '12 Heritage and bought it. Now, after talking with a service manager at a Harley shop, I'm worried that the frame may not be identical after all. He said there may not be holes tapped in the Deluxe frame in the right spot to attach the muffler support bracket to and I may have to have something fabricated if I insist on doing this. Or drill and tap, I guess. He didn't really seem to know. Does anyone have any answers, suggestions or tips for me? I hope you tell me I worry too much.

I did the same change for the same reason on my 07 deluxe. I think you will be alright if you use the pipes and bracket off the new lower set up. I did not need to modify the bracket at all. You will need to modify your passenger pegs if you us them. Good luck you will like the Heritage bags.

Cool. I also just learned the frame probably is drilled and tapped for the heritage bracket and she never offers anyone a ride anyway. Thanks!

Back