free website stats program Heritage Bars | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Bars

Curveball

Banned
Want to swap out stock bars for Heritage bars on '07 RKC.
They want a ton at the shop, so I'm doin it myself. I'm thinking all cables and lines will stretch.
Anyone with any experiance?

I installed Heritage style on my bars 08 FLHR last spring and needed no extra hardware. Pretty simple job if you follow your service manual instructions (even for a rookie like me). You'll like the new feel and enjoy less shoulder/back irritation.

I put the Heritage bars on my 02 RK and had no trouble with cable length.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 68
Got them on my 06 work great no mods.

DSCF1153.jpg

Got them on my 06 work great no mods.

DSCF1153.jpg

Beachjeep,

Very Nice Bike...

A question for you if I may?

How much relief do You feel from your bars, than the Normal bars it came with?. I have 09FLHR some times I can feel the stretch and pull in between my shoulder blades , kinda burning . I know it is from the position i keep in using the stock bars that came with my bike... Like them but might have to change out to a different style like yours..

Thanks!

signed....BUBBIE

Beachjeep,

Very Nice Bike...

A question for you if I may?

How much relief do You feel from your bars, than the Normal bars it came with?. I have 09FLHR some times I can feel the stretch and pull in between my shoulder blades , kinda burning . I know it is from the position i keep in using the stock bars that came with my bike... Like them but might have to change out to a different style like yours..

Thanks!

signed....BUBBIE

Hey Bubbie, I put the HD Reduced Reach Bars on my 07 which are similar to the Heritage Bars. At 5' 7" I felt that I was having to lean forward just a little too much for comfort, the new bars are far more comfortable for me and allow me to sit with a straight back which is a different riding position which, IMHO is far better once you adapt to how the bike handles, particularly at low speeds.

Attachments

• DF RKC 3.jpg
    DF RKC 3.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DF RKC 5.jpg
    DF RKC 5.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 46
Can you install Heritage bars on the new Limited without changing cables?
Yes, you can install them on your Limited. There is enough length in both the clutch cable and the TBW wiring. Just make sure you get the right bar. The Heritage bar for TBW is part # 56902-08
The bars are the same but the right side has notches in the opening for the TBW. (throttle by wire)

Yes, you can install them on your Limited. There is enough length in both the clutch cable and the TBW wiring. Just make sure you get the right bar. The Heritage bar for TBW is part # 56902-08
The bars are the same but the right side has notches in the opening for the TBW. (throttle by wire)

Watch Guy, thanks. What about the brake lines?

Back