free website stats program heritage bars on Rking flhr | Harley Davidson Forums

heritage bars on Rking flhr

Billbo

I have been told by several HD Dealers that ALL cables and lines would need to be replaced when installing Heritage style bars on my Road King. $1500 estimate. But I read on forums that folks have installed these bars 56902-08 on 2011 FLHRs with NO need to replace anything but the bars.

Does anyone here have any experience with all this. I hate to (I wont) spend $1500 to install $89 handle bars.

Help!

Bill

One requirement I had when purchasing my 2013 flhr,was to add 2014 Heritage style bars.It was just the bars that needed to be changed.Someone's made a mistake,or is deliberately misleading you.I have found at my dealership,it's usually someone making a mistake.

My RK is much older but the Heritage bars went right on. All that was needed was to tweak the solid brake line a little where it comes down the right bar.

I had heritage bars put on my 2012 rk by the dealer when they were repairing [replacing frame] after I hit a dog. The service manager said it didn't require new cables. The bars did look different, which I wasn't too crazy about but the low speed handling [parking lots mainly] made up for that.

I have been told by several HD Dealers that ALL cables and lines would need to be replaced when installing Heritage style bars on my Road King. $1500 estimate. But I read on forums that folks have installed these bars 56902-08 on 2011 FLHRs with NO need to replace anything but the bars.

Does anyone here have any experience with all this. I hate to (I wont) spend $1500 to install $89 handle bars.

Help!

Bill

I had mine done before, and NO cables or wires had to be change, they are trying to take you for a ride.

I had heritage bars put on my 2012 rk by the dealer when they were repairing [replacing frame] after I hit a dog. The service manager said it didn't require new cables. The bars did look different, which I wasn't too crazy about but the low speed handling [parking lots mainly] made up for that.

Try the reduced reach road king bars, I have them on my 2013 road king and they look good and have great handling at slow speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced mine myself with the heritage bars shortly after I got my 2010 RK new. Went in without an issue using the same stock cables.

They either don't know or trying to take you for a LONG ride.

I've put Heritage bars on my 2004 Road King and just has a black set put on my 2013 Road Glide, neither project required new cables or harnesses. I had the wiring run external to save money. Internal can get expensive.

Obviously the dealer doesn't care to read the forums... Bought my '08 FLHRC used, and the Heritage bars had already been put on. Everything appears to have been a direct swap-- nothing new added.

Back