Heritage Bars on a RG

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by dblt74, Dec 17, 2008.

1. dblt74

dblt74 Member

I have a 2007 Road Glide that I want to install different bars on somthing with a little more pullback and rise . I have heard the the Heritage bars will work on a RG with no cable or wire changes and that they make a big difference with the ride. I would like to hear from anybody with information on these bars. thanks for the help

2. dblt74

dblt74 Member

If you could post the pics that would be great thanks

3. amckay63

amckay63 Member

Smitty, what kind of bend are you talking about? I'm waiting for my Heritage bars to arrive next week and that sounds like good info to know.

Thanks,
    Adam

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  4. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

I just ask the same ? a week or so ago , any way go to the HD web site & search Handle bars & you will get part # 56902-08 these handle bars will fit the 08 RG with no cable or wire mods . The only PIA is that you have to remove the outer fairing to disconnect the electronic throttle jumper so you can remove the throttle sensor from the handle bars , you do not have to remove the complete bezel , remove the speed-tach & the bolts on side the forks then you can access the bolts holding the bars on . Just put my bars on a week or so ago , make sure you get the part # listed above because it has the notches for the electronic throttle .

5. jkelley

jkelley Member

I got em on my 09 RKC as well, they are great !

6. JohnRKC06

JohnRKC06 Member

Thinking of trying them on my 06 RKC as well. How much would a job like this cost at a local dealer. Or how much shop time would I expect to pay.

Thanx

7. JohnRKC06

JohnRKC06 Member

Thanks Smitty 901. But i think I,ll still have a professional do that job for me