Heritage bars again

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by hotrodjohn, Sep 6, 2010.

1. hotrodjohn

hotrodjohn Active Member

Anyone 5'9'' tall with a 30'' inseam running heritage bars (56902-08 is that right for an 04?). I know this topic has been beat to death but I am considering the heritage bars or 4'' curved risers and the stock bars. I have NOT had any schoulder burn but I do get a backache. I find myslf driviing with one hand on the stock bars and kind of leaning back to straiten up a bit so I know I need the bar closer to me.

2. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Being slight of build I found sitting on a stock Road King was too much of a reach for my taste. The bike hits all the right buttons regarding style, options and expectations for a touring type ride. Isn't that the thing...to be able to sit back and take things in? A lot of riders who own or bought one think the same thing...as it is a very popular mod as Smitty's post shows why graphically. :D

3. rklew

rklew Active Member

Smitty, is that the stock and Heritage bars you have pictured together?

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Put a set of Heritage bars on a 93 Sporty for a friend he loved them compared to Buckhorns:s

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Jack, funny thing about my Sportster, since I come from the metric sportbike crowd, I did the opposite of what would be "standard". The Street Slammer bars I have on the bike actually make me reach a tiny bit forward (but not as far as a drag bar) and also grip the bar a bit wider for more leverage. This basically allows me to steer the bike sharply with no effort.

This makes me lean a bit forward (so when my pillion rides behind, our helmets don't hit another side benefit). It also puts the center of gravity a bit forward to match my personal sportbike mantra..."--a low bar is a happy bar"!...works for me.

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Sounds like you did the right thing for your riding habits here, and its all about the ride:s

7. larry bart

larry bart Member

Khrome Werks Street Sweepers +2 Put them on my 07 RK didn't have to change anything and wired internal w/Factory Harness.
    The comfort on the wrist angle was more nuetral than the Heritage bar to me.
    When I had the Heritage bars and you pulled them back to where you wanted it the side view of the Forks/Handlebars was terrible.
    The Sweeper keep the line at the top of fork and curve back to you to achieve the similar height and pullback as the Heritage Bar.
    I saved the best for last $65.00:D

8. FLHTK2010

FLHTK2010 Member

I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam and had installed the Herritage bars on my 04 Fatboy. I loved the look and they were very comfortable. As Smitty pointed out, I did not have to change any cables, though I did have to bend the brake tube a bit to form-fit it to the bars. It was a great modification, and I did it myself.
    Now you have me wondering if I could put Heritage bars on my new Ultra. But I think the fly-by-wire throtle might be a problem.
    Good luck with your mod.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  9. FLHTK2010

FLHTK2010 Member

Hey Top! Thanks for the info. I'll eventually change out the bars.

10. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

I'd like to put Heritage bars on my fatboy. My question is;what is involved when it comes to moving all of the control componants for one bar to the other?