free website stats program Heritage bars again | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage bars again

hotrodjohn

Anyone 5'9'' tall with a 30'' inseam running heritage bars (56902-08 is that right for an 04?). I know this topic has been beat to death but I am considering the heritage bars or 4'' curved risers and the stock bars. I have NOT had any schoulder burn but I do get a backache. I find myslf driviing with one hand on the stock bars and kind of leaning back to straiten up a bit so I know I need the bar closer to me.

Being slight of build I found sitting on a stock Road King was too much of a reach for my taste. The bike hits all the right buttons regarding style, options and expectations for a touring type ride. Isn't that the thing...to be able to sit back and take things in? A lot of riders who own or bought one think the same thing...as it is a very popular mod as Smitty's post shows why graphically. :D

Being slight of build I found sitting on a stock Road King was too much of a reach for my taste. The bike hits all the right buttons regarding style, options and expectations for a touring type ride. Isn't that the thing...to be able to sit back and take things in? A lot of riders who own or bought one think the same thing...as it is a very popular mod as Smitty's post shows why graphically. :D

Put a set of Heritage bars on a 93 Sporty for a friend he loved them compared to Buckhorns:s

Jack, funny thing about my Sportster, since I come from the metric sportbike crowd, I did the opposite of what would be "standard". The Street Slammer bars I have on the bike actually make me reach a tiny bit forward (but not as far as a drag bar) and also grip the bar a bit wider for more leverage. This basically allows me to steer the bike sharply with no effort.

This makes me lean a bit forward (so when my pillion rides behind, our helmets don't hit another side benefit). It also puts the center of gravity a bit forward to match my personal sportbike mantra..."--a low bar is a happy bar"!...works for me.

Jack, funny thing about my Sportster, since I come from the metric sportbike crowd, I did the opposite of what would be "standard". The Street Slammer bars I have on the bike actually make me reach a tiny bit forward (but not as far as a drag bar) and also grip the bar a bit wider for more leverage. This basically allows me to steer the bike sharply with no effort.

This makes me lean a bit forward (so when my pillion rides behind, our helmets don't hit another side benefit). It also puts the center of gravity a bit forward to match my personal sportbike mantra..."--a low bar is a happy bar"!...works for me.

Sounds like you did the right thing for your riding habits here, and its all about the ride:s

Khrome Werks Street Sweepers +2 Put them on my 07 RK didn't have to change anything and wired internal w/Factory Harness.
The comfort on the wrist angle was more nuetral than the Heritage bar to me.
When I had the Heritage bars and you pulled them back to where you wanted it the side view of the Forks/Handlebars was terrible.
The Sweeper keep the line at the top of fork and curve back to you to achieve the similar height and pullback as the Heritage Bar.
I saved the best for last $65.00:D

I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam and had installed the Herritage bars on my 04 Fatboy. I loved the look and they were very comfortable. As Smitty pointed out, I did not have to change any cables, though I did have to bend the brake tube a bit to form-fit it to the bars. It was a great modification, and I did it myself.
Now you have me wondering if I could put Heritage bars on my new Ultra. But I think the fly-by-wire throtle might be a problem.
Good luck with your mod.

Last edited:
I'd like to put Heritage bars on my fatboy. My question is;what is involved when it comes to moving all of the control componants for one bar to the other?

Back