free website stats program Here's my Trike build | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here's my Trike build

The OEM Horn was removed and replaced with a chrome skull for looks.

LSengine_skull.jpg

A 135 Decibel Air Horn was mounted within the rear fender.

horn_location002.jpg

The curvature of the fender would direct the sound down towards the ground.

horn_location001.jpg

The compressor and relay are also mounted within this area. Though they are not shown at this time.

RJ

Nice build. Just a quick question is the trunk you are using from a police special servi-car?

Have you got any artwork done up as to paint schemes yet?

Just in my head. Im going to just paint the body black and pin stripe it like the rest of the scoot for now. Other than just riding it like this with it's looks. I also made up an additional look for it. I went and made fender skirts for it as well. I will have to take pictures of that to post. The skirts are actually a compliment to it's looks. Be good for weddings or funerals. Actually those two could be the same thing. lol

RJ

Yeah...I like the way you think...:D
This is really something, I rode a trike this past summer and swore never again, rode like a rigid (not what I was looking for) this unit you've got with the dual coil over indepentent suspension looks like a nice ride tho I think it might need some weight on it make that system effective...I like the paint scheme as it is, I'm all for the Black and Red...

After the body and lid and all the glass work to enclose the passenger's seating area is on. And with the ability to adjust the initial height over ground and sprung weight of the rear. I believe I'll have a nice ride. After talking with DFT's technician. He stated that I was to either mount the body to the bike's frame or the trikes rear, not to both. I chose the trike's rear. I have .040 aluminum here that I use to build the product I sell on line. I plan on using that to form the required inserts that would encompass the passengers area. This too will be adding weight, along with the fiber glass enforcement for strength.

RJ

Added More

I managed to knock a few more things out as follows:
Horn Compressor & Relay,
mounted and wired within the rear fender.

wired001.gif

Cover or Trap Door for the Horn enclosure,
allowing access or closed to the proposed cargo area.

trap002.gif

Tank Console has been stripped and along with the space between; will be concealed by an extended aluminum cover, bonded with a black vinyl surface and edged with neoprene rubber "U" channel.

cnslgap002.gif

cnslgap003.gif

cnslgap004.gif

A Steel Seat Catch was added under the (2) rear tank mounting bolts.

stch001.gif

stch002.gif

RJ

Click Here for Up-Dates

Took it for a test Ride!

Well I had that urge to try the trike out. Though it's still unfinished.
I just needed to experience the difference compared to a 2 wheeler.

I pulled out of my driveway onto this country road here. Mind you,...
I had no helmet on, nor did the trike have rear lights or even a license plate.
Besides. Its just a back woods country road with very minimal local traffic.

Handling was totally different than what I was use to. But in time I knew I will get the feel for it.
With a hard take-off. It was cool seeing dual rubber marks on the pavement.
The tires grabbed well and the front end just loved coming up off the ground.
Though its reckless in another's eyes to see me constantly pulling wheelies. I was having a blast!

For a moment, I heard a strange noise. One that was garbled and coming from the rear.
Dam! Now what? I heard it again,... only it was much louder! I started listening at all different angles while riding the trike.
And sure enough,... there's that noise again! I turned to look towards the back of the trike.
I had a cop on my fanny trying to get me to pull over!!!!

No lights! No Helmet! No license plate.

I immediately did what any other old school biker would do.

I took off! Though I had mirrors mounted on my inner fairing. I didnt even look to see where he was.
I just knew he was right behind my posterior end. I knew I wouldn't have a chance to loose him on the paved road.
Especially when I tried to pull my first high speed turn. Much wider than I had anticipated and it placed me on the other side of the road.
Now I have reckless driving added. My heart was throbbin and both hands had a death grip on the steering. Just after that hairy turn.
I shot through a farmers gate and out in the pasture I went. For a moment I felt like I was on a cattle drive! Cows were scattering all over the place.
I did a large circle back and noticed that the cop had stopped to avoid hitting any cattle. I shot back through that gate and out on the pavement again.
I have no idea how fast I was moving. But any Nas Car driver would be impressed at how fast I pulled into my garage and closed the door!

I got out by my fence and watched to see if the cop was still in pursuit. Sure enough! Hammer down! and he flew right by my place.
As I saw him disappear down the road, it leaves me thinking about the ordeal I just went through. I'm sure some of you are thinking
I got away with it and some are thinking that the cop turned around and came back.

But what really happened is I made this whole story up and that I'm still doing my build while holding your interests. lol

RJ

Last edited:
Sorry didn't tweak my interest,but you should edit it before someone else does!:D

Back