free website stats program Here's my Trike build | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here's my Trike build

Now tell me what you think. I cant wait to ride this!

Rear_Body001.jpg

Other build pictures added -

New Build Pictures

RJ

Looking great! Two more questions, 1) The small chrome circle dead center in the rear...what is it? 2) This is for Hobbit :D are you going to put a trailer hitch on the bike? :s

Looking great! Two more questions, 1) The small chrome circle dead center in the rear...what is it? 2) This is for Hobbit :D are you going to put a trailer hitch on the bike? :s

The chrome center in the rear that i think your referring about is a key lock.

The trike rear already has a trailer receiver attached. DFT Trikes makes their receivers. Round (pipe). The square typical type will rattle when the ball/hitch is in there with no trailer on it.

exhaust11.jpg

The receiver is located between the exhaust pipe muffler tips.

RJ

I think you were referring to the receiver, not the lock up top.

The chrome center in the rear that i think your referring about is a key lock.

The trike rear already has a trailer receiver attached. DFT Trikes makes their receivers. Round (pipe). The square typical type will rattle when the ball/hitch is in there with no trailer on it.

exhaust11.jpg

The receiver is located between the exhaust pipe muffler tips.

RJ

Thanks! I have seen HEIM JOINT threaded type hitches that allow the towed trailer to go over very knarly terrain...the round hitch makes sense in either case. :small3d026:

Yeah, the end of the hitch receiver I was seeing as being chromed...my bad eyes! :newsmile021:

Last edited:
Thats a very smart trike zoood, are you fitting reverse gear to it. I had reverse fitted to my trike as it was heavy enough to push back as a bike, it amazes folks when I reverse into a parking place.

Regards John.

Thats a very smart trike zoood, are you fitting reverse gear to it. I had reverse fitted to my trike as it was heavy enough to push back as a bike, it amazes folks when I reverse into a parking place.

Regards John.

Absolutely,... soon as I raise some more funds. I'll be installing the reverse gear into the Tranny.

RJ/zoood

I started planning the next step in my build. The frame work for the body mount and the rear fender. This fender was I believe from an old ford. the previous owner cut it down in size, welded it back together and had it re-chromed. It is not what would come on the trailer body. However, it's a nice touch.

bumper002.gif

bumper001.gif

More pictures were added of my build.

RJ/zoood

I have finished figuring-out and fabricating the required bumper and body mount for my build. This frame is attached at 5 locations on the trike casting. I used 1/8" angle verses 3/16". With the proper bracing applied. I now have a finished fabricated light weight brace with strength. The design of this brace allows for removal as one piece with ease, just in case.

finished_frame001.jpg

finished_frame.jpg

Click Here for Up-Dates

RJ

My seat arrived. Tho it's for an 08 with a 6 gallon tank. I modified it allowing it to set lower on the frame instead of the rubber feet that it came with. The newer seats IMO are more comfortable than the seats that were made for my year's build,(93). The nose on these newer seats are shorter for the 6 gallon tanks. Ive future plans of making a modification to my existent center console to allow it to butt against the seat's tip.

seat_profile002.jpg

seat_profile003.jpg

I also started altering the trike's fiber-glass body wheel well openings to accommodate 9" wide wheels.

WW001a.gif

RJ

Back