free website stats program Here's my Trike build | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here's my Trike build

Thanks Zoood...for clarifying how the rear end worked. It was always a question ever since I saw an HD trike maybe 20 years ago, when technology was not so "trick." The first thing I look at when I see one is how the rear is put together, and suspension setup, even the new 2009 HD TriGlide. :)

You certainly a have a fine piece of machinery there...and I am sure your quality and workmanship is a good match as well. BTW, what are you by trade that gives you the "where with all" to undertake this huge project... your shop is obviously well equipped. Have you done something similar to this before?
Thanks for sharing your project with us! :newsmile01:

<Ol School of hard knocks! wasn't born with no silver spoon in my mouth. A greasy crescent wrench in my hand is a good possibility. Always had the knack to question any design that worked, which fell short of perfection. Most of my years has been in God's garage. Under a tarp with handlebars and sissy bar as tent posts. 27 years of airbrushing experience. Illustration artist to boot.

Here's a sample on a iron head sportster.

002.jpg

And another on a Virago Tank

001.jpg

I built choppers out of partial basket cases and a walk through of old junk yard parts.

here's a triumph I built and painted -

wpe49.jpg

wpe2F.jpg

wpe58.jpg

heres the link to some of my art work -
Zoood's Art Work

the moderator asked me not to advertise my product in here and I will respect his wishes.
In my profile theres my home page...

My shop is a gutted single story 200 year old farm house. After I cleaned it up inside. It turned out to be a 25' x 30' building on a concrete slab. Total heaven for me. This is where I build ideas that no one in the motorcycle after markets thought of or if they did. And I can,... I make it better for my needs.

My trike build,... Im making it as enjoyable and safety conscious as possible. At my age,... I cant trust a fart no more. Needless to say. I dont need no unexpected bowl movement in what I call an "Oh God" turn. I know you know what they are - " Oh God, Oh God, Oh God "
Anyways, thank you for your interests. I'll continue on updating my build. Im just trying to get it to where I can get back to riding. I will in the future be modifying different areas on it.

RJ

<Ol School of hard knocks! wasn't born with no silver spoon in my mouth. A greasy crescent wrench in my hand is a good possibility. Always had the knack to question any design that worked, which fell short of perfection. Most of my years has been in God's garage. Under a tarp with handlebars and sissy bar as tent posts. 27 years of airbrushing experience...

Zoood's Art Work

the moderator asked me not to advertise my product in here and I will respect his wishes. In my profile theres my home page...

My shop is a gutted single story 200 year old farm house. After I cleaned it up inside. It turned out to be a 25' x 30' building on a concrete slab. Total heaven for me. This is where I build ideas that no one in the motorcycle after markets thought of or if they did. And I can,... I make it better for my needs.

My trike build,... Im making it as enjoyable and safety conscious as possible. At my age,... I cant trust a fart no more. Needless to say. I dont need no unexpected bowl movement in what I call an "Oh God" turn. I know you know what they are - " Oh God, Oh God, Oh God "
Anyways, thank you for your interests. I'll continue on updating my build. Im just trying to get it to where I can get back to riding. I will in the future be modifying different areas on it.

RJ

Hey, I found the error of your plan...you are supposed to have an extra ride "--or two" while you take on these projects...so you always can catch the wind (actually to catch your breath working on all those customs)...better take a lesson from good ol' Hobbit on that one...:D

Last edited:
Hey, I found the error of your plan...you are supposed to have an extra ride "--or two" while you take on these projects...so you always can catch the wind (actually to catch your breath working on all those customs)...better take a lesson from good ol' Hobbit on that one...:D

i do have another bagger. But that one I have to tear the primary apart and it needs new bottom jug gaskets as well. So that went on hold. This trike build was intentionally done by me for promoting my product/invention with-in the Trike community. Right now is my slow season. So I have to take advantage of the build now. If I get desperate. Ive another scoot to ride of a friends. But I'd rather not and besides,... I can always do what my dog does. I can hang my head out the window.

RJ

Great work. I really like the detail of the process you are including. Keep up the great work.

Thank you Mattman,...

I had finally received a new addition in tools here. A pneumatic shrinker / stretcher for metal fabrication. I have the older style inner fairing. I picked up that 2 pouch windshield bag. It was designed for the newer inner fairings. With this new tool. I was able to make a holding bracket that followed the inner curve of the windshields mount of the fairing. Took me the better part of a day to make it, start to finish. But now I have 2 pouches that in fact sit below the view I have through my windshield and also act as shade over my instrument panel. Now when I get a receipt at a toll booth. I can put it in there. Instead of impaling the receipt on my spiked hair-doo. :p

2bag_mount002.jpg

2bag_mount001.jpg

RJ

Last edited:
Looks good! Who makes that air filter, never saw one like that before?

Would you believe? Auto Zone, $21.00 The mouth on it is rubber and is made for a 3" opening. The plastic stock ring on the carb is 3 & 3/8" diameter. I heated the rubber opening with a cigarette lighter and pressed it on there. Its a tight fit, and with the hose clamp supplied. Well a tight fit is what I wanted.

aircleaner_close.jpg

RJ

Back