free website stats program Here's a funny little story | Harley Davidson Forums

Here's a funny little story

R_W_B

Here's a little funny, how things are not always what they seem.
It's called The Green Thing.

As an old lady was checking out at the store, a young preppy Mom in line next to her suggested that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment.

The old woman apologized and explained, "We didn't have this green thing back in my earlier days."

The young preppy Mom responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations." The old lady thought for a minute and then said,

"You know you are right, we did not have the green thing back then. Instead we returned milk bottles and soda bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they were recycled without any tax paid collection. But you're right we didn't have the green thing back in our day."

"Back then we walked up stairs, because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We drove to the grocery store once a week and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks or talk on a cell phone. But again you're right we didn't have the green thing in our day."

"Back then, we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw-away kind. We didn't need an energy gobbling machine burning up 220 volts to dry our clothes. Wind and solar power dryed our clothes on the clothes line. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing. But again you're right, we didn't have the green thing back in our day."

"Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house, not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. Back then, we exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity. But again you're right we didn't have the green thing back then."

"Back then, the school buses and the schools had open windows with no air conditioning burning large amounts of fossil fuels. We had some large classes but kids studied because they were taught the value of an education at home with parents that were not kids themselves. And we had a higher passing rate than the schools do now even with no computers etc."

"Back then a Carribuo was something rich folks hunted that had money to go up to those places. Oil was cheap so we had no need to drill for it where the Carribuo lived. But if oil hadn't been cheap back then, people were smart enough to drill for it. They weren't so confused as to worry bout how it might upset the carribou."

"But it is correct, we didn't have the green thing back then."

Great story. Reminds me of simpler times.....
The problem with the Green Thing is you need alot of green ($$$$) to participate in the Green Thing.:newsmile058:

Sound exactly like my Grandmother, gotta love that wise old owl, she always knew how to make people see the truth that was always right there under thier nose (as she puts it).

Thanks RWB, man I'm glad you've found some time to join in again lately....hope everything is smoothing out for you!

Back