free website stats program Here is the Deal, Need advice | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here is the Deal, Need advice

I think taking the easy route of trading the Ultra to for the RK may lead to some regrets down the road. If you are on the fence, I think Richard has the right idea. But, not only from a financial view. Putting the Ultra up for sale will allow you to really think about it and firm up your decision. You can do no worse than the dealer's offer but, selling the Ultra will help confirm you're doing the right thing and not question if the Dealer would take advantage of you or if you are really "stepping down" so to speak. Your heart favors the RK from the recent riding you've been doing and nothing in the future seems to indicate you'll be taking the longer tours you anticipated when you originally purchased the Ultra so, the RK is probably the best fit. Maybe it's how you go about it that is making you pause. Just a thought. I think you can still do some serious touring on the RK if the notion calls for it.

Wait a minuet. There would not be any sales tax on a straight across trade. Sales tax is only on the difference when it's traded in. At least here in Washington State it's that way.

Sounds like you have your heart set on the Road King.As Richard stated they are different animals.The big difference is fairing vs. no fairing.Personaly MHO, if youre going to be doing some long distance you'll realy miss that fairing.

If you are just looking to shave some weight Id go with the detachable tour pack as others suggested.The lower legs also can be removed rather easily.

Finantualy Id be concerned with the hidden costs.Your Ultra with 10k on it you'd be lucky to get 17k private sale.Sure its worth MORE but at 17k it makes more sense to spend the extra 4 for a bike with no miles on it.So in your case yes, your dealer is your friend.He's perhaps the only one in the market for your bike.

The hidden costs would include another 1k in sales tax..man 2k in sales tax for a bike in the same year would realy turn me off.Then in my state we have excise tax.So you'd have 2 hits on your Ultra at $300..and because you just purchased a new one add another $300.Ouche!Add at least another $1500 to the 4k you already have yourself convinced you'r losing.

Id do it if this is what you have your heart set on .However an extended warrenty or get them to throw in the sales tax would go along way.Or even for a 2010.Newer is worth more when it comes to resale..it just is.

Good Morning WHATYARDWORK

This deal is My Keys for RKC Keys "NO" Sales tax No Dealer Prep no fees for Liscense and registration Plus I already took off the Stage 1, TFI and Lower Rear Shocks

I walk in with my Ultra and walk out with the Road King Classic
Plain and simple
Also called my insurance (Geico) the said the my yearly coverage on the RKC will drop $109.00 yearly as well

Ride safe
BuffaloBILL

Back