Her next step

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Duffer, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Duffer

Duffer Active Member

Some of you may remember a few months back my wife bought a XL1200 L on the” trade it in within a year a get full price back” plan. Well, she didn’t quite make it that long. Said the Sporty was a nice bike but acted like it had ADHD. LOL. Just always wanted to go faster than she did. So, we were at the local dealer the other night and here is this black and chrome 09 FXDL sitting there all by its self right out in the middle of the showroom floor. Gotta tell you it was love at first sight. The next day, after checking around and finding out this is the only Lowrider left in the western part of the state, the trade is made and I have one happy wife.
    I should add that I have never seen anyone take to riding a Motorcycle the way Janette has. She has made the Ol’ Duffer proud!:D

Attached Files:

2. Rewind

Rewind Active Member

Beautiful bike!!! I know she is excited!!!!

3. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Are you serious. The end of the FXDL is that near?

Hoop!

4. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

Tell her congratulations on a beautiful ride!

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Duffer, congrats on finding the right bike for your riding partner...it sure is nice to have someone who really likes the motorcycling experience, rather than just a "passing" interest...ADHD (Attention Deficit Harley Disorder) apparently is not a terminal disorder as you obviously found the CURE!! :D

6. Duffer

Duffer Active Member

Ok, you got me . I meant new 09s. lol:small3d023:

7. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

So did I. Inventory is that close to the end where you are also? My local dealer is out.
    For 2010 I was told the FXDL is discontinued.

Hoop!

8. time2cruise

time2cruise Member

Too cool, congrats to her (and you) on the new ride. Wish my wife would venture to ride.

9. WHM1

WHM1 Junior Member

Nothing like riding with my best friend (wife)... she likes to ride as much as I do. She decided all on her own to take the Rider's Edge Course and then the permit license and now 2 years and 25,000 miles under her belt she loves it!

10. paulmack

paulmack Active Member

Hey great looking ride. I'm glad the wife is happy cause if momma ain't happy nobody's happy.