free website stats program Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Help

leonm47

Just got the HD helmet lock for my bike this weekend. But nobody told me it had one way screws. Needless to say I need to get them out as my alignment was way off in placing the lock where I wanted it. How do I get the screws out now?

I had same lock & wanted to move for hard lower fairings...just took small needlenose pliers & worked screws loose w/my kung-fu death grip. Was actuilly suprised at how easy they came off so you might want to go to hardware store & get some of the "keyed" screws w/tool to swap. Good luck!

Try pointing a small heater at the helmet lock for an hour or more. I've noticed that sometimes really tight screws will turn more easily when they are warm. Good Luck!

they make a tool for then looks like a screwdriver with two pieces of carbide that cut in to the screw head to back them out:panic

Try pointing a small heater at the helmet lock for an hour or more. I've noticed that sometimes really tight screws will turn more easily when they are warm. Good Luck!
That's tru and it is a trick we use in our shop when we want to remove some stubborn screws. Only we use the torch as a last resort after screw loose. Works well.

Back